Hot Pockets frozen food  » Food  »
  • The best of the bunch is the pepperoni pizza
  • Interestingly enough, while I've eaten them quite frequently, I've never had that problem

• by David Finniss

Frozen food is a great way to get a meal without having to deal with a lot of hassle. One of the big names in frozen food is “Hot Pockets”. They’re basically mini-sandwich wraps that you microwave for a little over three minutes.

There are a wide variety of flavors, but they all basically boil down to meat and cheese.

The best of the bunch is the pepperoni pizza. I don’t know why, but that one has the best flavor out of all of them.

I’m an avid fan of meatball subs, everytime I go to a deli I order one. While the meatball sub flavored Hot Pockets aren’t bad per se, they do pale in comparison

to the real mccoy. The ham and cheese one is also decent, but it’s not quite as good as an actual ham and cheese sandwich.

The Philly Cheesesteak flavor is meh. Trying to cash in on the brand name of the Philly Cheesesteak makes sense, and you’d think it would be a natural fit for the product as it contains the two essential ingredients needed for a Hot Pocket, but it tasted a little bland. I don’t know what it was, but it was lacking.

The brand has branched out, creating a subsection of products called “Lean Pockets” for those who are weight conscious and they even have “deli” style products that look more like actual ...

• sandwich wraps.

While Hot Pockets are meat filled, they aren’t particularly filling. I eat two, but often find myself still hungry afterwards. It makes for a decent snack/meal though.

The common joke made about Hot Pockets is that it results in stomach problems. Interestingly enough, while I’ve eaten them quite frequently, I’ve never had that problem. Then again, the same thing is said for places like Chipotle or Taco Bell and I haven’t had any problems there either.

Also, these things take forever to cool off. The box says to wait 2 minutes, but that isn’t enough. I try to take a small bite in each sandwich to make a hole so that the

hot air will vent out. You can blow into the hot pocket, but be sure to take a bite out of the other side, otherwise the thing may pop on the other side and burn your finger. Even with this, it still takes quite a while, so if you have Hot Pockets, be sure to have a cold beverage on hand as hot cheese is a force to be reckoned with.

In terms of price, Hot Pockets are reasonable and you can often find coupons to make for even more savings.

If you’re not prone to cooking, Hot Pockets can make for a decent, fast meal without the hassle of lines or commuting to a fast food place.

Kyra Patina says :

Nice food for a snack, or for a lunch - packing a box of two as one’s entire meal isn’t always the best thing, though - this is indeed true. The salt content tends to make the person who eats it thirsty, so, at least bring along a liter of water and a thing of juice for lunch. Hot Pockets are for the carnivore in us that is trying to be more omnivorous. The one I cooked tonight only needed two minutes to get hot enough to eat along with dinner, however, a high-octane convection oven will work more quickly than the working-class microwave.

It depends on the microwave, I think. The ones I cooked at my little pad, using a refurbished microwave did take three minutes to cook, if memory serves me correctly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717081234700831/k2311a0817/8.17.10