Morrow Mountain State Park  » Travel  »
Albemarle, North Carolina

• by sadonna
      Morrow Mountain State Park is located at 49104 Morrow Mountain Road in Albemarle, North Carolina. Morrow Mountain offers hiking, camping, swimming, fishing and boating. We went in August of 1998 for an afternoon picnic with our friends Donna and Cassie.

We started with a short hike of about a mile and then had our picnic lunch

close to the dam. The leaves were beautiful with various shades of orange and red.

The light breeze coming off the lake felt refreshing. After lunch we decided to rent a row boat to explore the lake.

Me and my three kids got into our row boat. Donna and Cassie got into a canoe.

We started out of the boat docks at the same and were going to race around the island. I had never rowed a boat before but I figured it couldn’t be all that hard.

My left ore would not stay in the brace because it was broken. I made it out of the boat dock just fine but ...

• Morrow Mountain State Park
      when I tried to turn to go around the island I had trouble.

I kept turning circles. My seven year old son at one point asked me if he could help because we had stayed in the same spot for at least ten minutes just doing circles.

Finnally we made it around the island and back

to the boat dock but it took an hour. Wow, was it harder than I had orginally thought but it was still fun.

We finally had to drive the two hours to go home. One day I would like to come back and camp because we did not get to spend enough time there to see the whole park.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383101123470731/k2311a0131/1.31.07