Anne of Green Gables book  » Books  »
  • I decided to read it again as an adult, knowing that I'd very likely still enjoy it
  • As it turns out, I very much enjoyed re-reading it

• by Blue567

As a kid, I remember reading Anne of Green Gables and how it instantly became my favorite book. I was probably 10 when I read it, which is about the age the book is intended for (give or take a few years). I decided to read it again as an adult, knowing that I’d very likely still enjoy it. As it turns out, I very much enjoyed re-reading it!

The

story is about an orphan named Anne who gets taken into the home of Matthew and Marilla Cuthbuert (brother and sister). The book was written over 100 years ago, and though the characters’ lives are much different than the lives of people today, it was still easy to relate to them. The story is timeless; it is possible to enjoy it as the years pass. There are many humorous aspects ...

• involving Anne’s life as she adjusts to her new home and grows into a young woman. There are also some emotional parts, and those are just as good. It is difficult not to fall in love with Anne’s character, as even other characters in the book find themselves doing.

I am very glad I decided to reread the book, and I will be reading the rest of the Anne books

shortly (I purchased the set on Ebay). I can tell that the Anne books are still popular because it took awhile for me to actually win a set on Ebay. I kept getting outbid! The book rates a 10/10 for me, as I’m pretty sure it does for all the others who bought it. I have a feeling it will never cease to be my favorite book of all time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1716081234300931/k2311a0816/8.16.10