Benq MP512 - Projector  » Electronics  »
  • I like the fact that this is a projector with zoom, this means that you do not have to move the projector to the projection distance, you can do it with the screen without moving the projector, we can make the projection get enlarged or diminished, so we can dock screen size
  • Also it has output sound, but we don’t use it with power point presentations or web pages so I can’t tell you about experiencing with it, though I know from others that sound is just like a TV

• by BCastle

Hi, this time I will tell you of one projector that I use almost daily at school, it is this that corresponds to the model Benq MP512.

As you know, technology is changing and for some time it has become fashionable to change the blackboard of a lifetime by a screen, a computer and a projector that projects the presentation of the computer without printing. This began to be implemented first in the universities, but later has come, in part, to schools. I don’t use it in the classes, there we are still using the method of books and blackboard, but we do use it to give the talks we give to parents and students. Until I entered the school I had not driven a projector, however shortly after I realized how comfortable and easy it was. As I said, it is useful to project any view of a computer screen to a screen, usually white, that can be clearly projected and with high definition.

This device is square, has a

light bulb and two wires, one of which is connected from the computer to the projector, which is going to carry the light of the computer to the projector so that it projects it on the screen, wall or surface, and the other wire is the one that plugs into the light for the projector to operate.

I like the fact that this is a projector with zoom, this means that you do not have to move the projector to the projection distance, you can do it with the screen without moving the projector, we can make the projection get enlarged or diminished, so we can dock screen size. If we move the projection side wise, ie, moving horizontally, then we do need to move the projector. If the projection is too low, what we do is put a book under the spotlight and so, being higher, it also shows a higher image.

That is what I don’t like too much, it should come with a base that could let ...

• you adjust the angle of the projector easily.

Well, other thing that I do like is that this projector has the option of putting a password so that only it can be used by certain number of people, and we do use it with a shared password among all the teachers who uses it. The password is useful to prevent students from using it.

One of the main features of this projector is that it has the so called “Short Throw”, which refers to that it calculates the distance between the projector and the screen and offers a zoom level that does not spoil or digitizes the image, this is GREAT because we can not always put it in the distance we want. We, for example, put it in a table in front of the screen and we use the image with the zoom, but does not gets spoiled.

Another thing I like is that, compared to the other projector we have, this does not dazzle, ie, the apparent light source is

not amazingly bright when we are in front of it, although it does bothers a little.

Also it has output sound, but we don’t use it with power point presentations or web pages so I can’t tell you about experiencing with it, though I know from others that sound is just like a TV .

At school we keep it in a holster, that comes separately with the purchase of the projector.

even if you don’t work in a school, I recommend it as it also can have other uses, to play games but not limited to television, to project on walls or screens movies and watch them very large, to adorn bars for parties surprises … You can use it for many things so it’s a product more “usable” than it seems. It’s quality is good and its management is quite simple so if you are looking for a projector, this I can be the one

Also it is available in different colors, I’ve seen white and black. We have the black one.

Thanks for reading.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616081234290931/k2311a0816/8.16.10