Ponds Flawless White Visible Lightening Daily Cream
  • That evening as I washed it off, I noticed a few small pimples on my cheeks like the start of a rash
  • I think the chemicals or ingredients in the cream are too strong and tend to dry my skin, unable to retain its moisture

• by ablosh

Ponds Flawless White Visible Lightening Daily Cream

I actually bought this after watching an advertisement about how it can clear blemishes and give you not just white, but rosy white complexion after seven days. From the name itself, I expected that I would have visibly whiter and lighter skin.

I already have white skin but I wanted it to be just a little more even and rosier. With hopes of a pinkish skin, I tried it on and found the texture or consistency of the cream weird. It felt tight as I rubbed it between my fingers

and onto my face. It smelled good, nothing strong or off-putting though. But after application, although there is something in the cream that made my skin look whiter immediately, my skin felt tight and almost-dry, not enjoyable at all. I don’t know if it is make-up in the ingredients or powder of some sort, but the skin on my face with the cream was lighter than the skin on my neck. The upside of this is that the cream dried and got absorbed quickly so I did not have to worry about it transferring onto ...

• my clothes. I still did not like the feeling though.

That evening as I washed it off, I noticed a few small pimples on my cheeks like the start of a rash. I knew that it was signs that the cream was too harsh as my skin was reacting to it. Still, I persisted and used it for another two days to see if my skin would change or adapt to it. But still, the texture of my skin just worsened. Instead of becoming smooth, it became sort of rough with small pimples and whiteheads. Plus,

the surrounding areas of my face were dry as well. I stopped using it altogether after a week.

Unfortunately, I would not recommend this. I would not risk getting a pimple break-out over getting whiter skin. It would be better to be darker but have smooth, blemish-free skin rather than white but acne-ridden face. I think the chemicals or ingredients in the cream are too strong and tend to dry my skin, unable to retain its moisture. Maybe it would work with oily skin, I’m not sure, but it is not for me. I am disappointed with the product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116081234150931/k2311a0816/8.16.10