iLive Portable stereo system with CD player AM/FM Radio and ipod dock  » Electronics  »
  • The iLive wasn’t the best ipod docking station I’ve had and or seen
  • I like choices and that is what I get when It comes to this docking station
  • It’s an ok LCD screen, I mean it’s not as bright as I thought it was going to be and when I’m in the sun, it doesn’t work the way that it should
  • Nah I wouldn’t recommend anyone go and do that sill stuff

• by willyable

The only reason bought the iLive Portable stereo system with CD player AM/FM Radio and ipod dock was because we wanted to have a family picnic. I hate going outside without some form of entertainment. I have to have something to keep my mind occupied. So I went and found something that I could use with my ipod. I needed a station that would allow me to play my music on the go. The iLive wasn’t the best ipod docking station I’ve had and or seen. But it was good enough for me for the time being.

The things that I liked about the iLive docking station was simple. I appreciated the size. It wasn’t bulky and it wasn’t too big. When they say it was portable, that is exactly what it was. I liked that it was easy to take with me and I could easily throw it in the trunk of

my car.

Another thing that I liked about the docking station was that not only was it a ipod player but it also played the Am/Fm stations as well. So I had way more than enough options. I like choices and that is what I get when It comes to this docking station. Ok, so lets talk about the functionality of this thing. It’s not all that great in my eyes. It takes a lot for the Am/Fm station to actually work. I have to position it the correct way and sit it in the right corner before I can get a great reception. Not a great thing. I rarely even listen to the Am/Fm stations, all because of this horrid feature.

Now I do love the Cd player, that is such a wonderful feature to me. I can play just about any type of CD on this player, if I choose to without having to deal ...

• with it not reading properly. Fortunately for me and my wife, this docking station plays all of the ipods and offers 20 pin dock connectors.

Despite the Am/Fm not working, I get a kick with having this thing around. Located on the top is a small clock that displays the time. It’s an ok LCD screen, I mean it’s not as bright as I thought it was going to be and when I’m in the sun, it doesn’t work the way that it should. I end up squinting just to see what it’s trying to display.

The speakers aren’t that great either. They are good enough for us to sit and listen to our music but to host a party with? Nah I wouldn’t recommend anyone go and do that sill stuff. Not with this docking station. It gives off a lot of static while playing my ipod, which is irritating. It also doesn’t get great volume

either. I can turn it up but I can’t turn it all the way up the way I want. It’s very minimal.

I complained about this to the sales person when I went to trade it in and he told me that it was only $100 what did I expect? I almost smacked him upside his head because $100 is a lot of money in my eyes. I didn’t like that there wasn’t an extension cord holder for this thing either. So the cord just drug around whenever it wasn’t being used. The remote control was decent and worked perfectly.

I ended up keeping it for those outing days but don’t really use it outside of that. It’s not all that intriguing and it’s not fun to use all that much. I’m a man and most men love bass, I don’t get that with the iLive Portable stereo system with CD player AM/FM Radio and ipod dock.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616081233790831/k2311a0816/8.16.10