Jack in the Box Chocolate Overload Cake  » Food  »
  • Recently I was in the mood for a simple dessert and I noticed that Jack in the Box actually had something called Chocolate Overload Cake
  • You snap it open and close, which I like because it means you don't have to devour it all at once, if you don't want to
  • A nice plus was that things happened that day and I actually didn't get to eat the cake until the day after I bought it
  • Sometimes chocolate cake with chocolate icing is a bit much for me anymore, but I really enjoyed this combination

• by Orrymain

Recently I was in the mood for a simple dessert and I noticed that Jack in the Box actually had something called Chocolate Overload Cake. I’d never ordered it before and, in fact, had no idea that they even had this kind of dessert available. Naturally, I decided to give it a try.

The Jack in the Box Chocolate Overload Cake comes in a round, plastic container. It’s sealed

for freshness. You snap it open and close, which I like because it means you don’t have to devour it all at once, if you don’t want to. It’s a see through container, so you always know how much is in there.

A nice plus was that things happened that day and I actually didn’t get to eat the cake until the day after I bought it. I was ...

• concerned that it might not be tasty at all. Boy was I wrong. The chocolate cake was completely fresh and moist. It was a delectable treat.

Jack in the Box describes their Chocolate Overload Cake as “a rich chocolate cake made with cocoa, bittersweet chocolate chips and drizzled with a chocolate butter cream icing.” It’s not drizzled, it’s doused, but it’s sort of up and down, like icing

the mountaintops and not the valleys.

I loved this cake. Sometimes chocolate cake with chocolate icing is a bit much for me anymore, but I really enjoyed this combination. There wasn’t a bad morsel in the entire thing.

The cake costs $1.99, which is a bit much. I wish it was more like $1.50, but the reality is that I’ll probably buy it again, as long as it doesn’t go up in price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715081233700131/k2311a0815/8.15.10