Taco Bell Crunchy Tacos  » Food  »
  • Much of the problem occurs in the particular fast food locale where the order is placed
  • On the whole, I love Taco Bell Crunchy Tacos

• by Orrymain

I’ve been eating Taco Bell Crunchy Tacos for years and years, and as time as gone by, my feelings about them have pretty much remained the same. When they’re good, they’re good, and when they’re off, it’s a big disappointment. Much of the problem occurs in the particular fast food locale where the order is placed.

In my neck of the woods, we have Taco Bells all over the place. My house is a dot in a triangle of

Taco Bells, but going beyond that, there are many more accessible by turning right here or left there. Like many fast food places, the quality of service and food tends to depend upon the restaurant that is dispensing the food.

Per their website, a crunchy taco consists of a “corn taco shell filled with seasoned ground beef, crisp shredded lettuce, and real cheddar cheese.” That’s pretty accurate. Of course, most of us add some type of sauce to their ...

• tacos. For me, that’s mild sauce. So it’s these ingredients I’m analyzing in this review.

One of my biggest beefs with Taco Bell Crunchy Tacos is that so often the shell cracks at the bottom. I’m not sure what causes this, if it’s that they are pre-made and the grease makes it overly soft, or if it’s from being manhandled after the ingredients are stuffed into, but it is so extra messy and a pain to eat a taco

where the shell on one side literally breaks off. When that happens, it’s a disaster in the making.

Now when the taco shells are light but solid, the taco as a whole tends to be great. Sometimes they get a little chintzy on how much beef they put in. I’ve had tacos that taste more like lettuce and cheese salads than anything else.

On the whole, I love Taco Bell Crunchy Tacos. They satisfy my craving for Mexican food.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715081233660131/k2311a0815/8.15.10