Samsung SyncMaster 740N Flat Screen Monitor
  • The monitor is very thin, it immediately solved one of my long time problem of limited lab space
  • I love the color and the response rate is very excellent too, as my project requires live video capture, a very good response rate is necessary
  • Well, the best thing of all about this flat screen monitor is that, it is very cheap, I got it for about US200 and this is truely a value for money deal

• by MBFX220
      I had just bought a 17-inch flat screen monitor from Samsung, model SyncMaster 740N for one of my development project. I am very delighted to find how light it is compared to my old CRT monitor, I could easly move about the monitor

whenever I wanted. This flat screen comes with a driver CD and it is compatible with almost all major OS platform. The monitor is very thin, it immediately solved one of my long time problem of limited lab space. I love the color ...

• and the response rate is very excellent too, as my project requires live video capture, a very good response rate is necessary. With a really wide viewing angle, it really makes my work easier when I need to adjust the camera on the
        mechanical frame and glance at the monitor to check on the focusing and exposure. Well, the best thing of all about this flat screen monitor is that, it is very cheap, I got it for about US200 and this is truely a value for money deal.

ranjith says :

why there a line appearing on my monitor please suggest me what should i sdo??

Jules Li says :

There’s an easy way to tell if it’s a defect in the monitor itself. If it is the monitor would of course need to be replaced. You should run the monitor self test. Unplug the power cable and also the video cable from the back of the computer. Plug the power cable back in, the monitor should come on. There should be a bouncing box. See if the line appears here. If it does, it’s a defect in the monitor. If it’s under warranty, I would suggest requesting a replacement.

Galega says :

There can be variety of reasons behind this white line problem of your monitor. And, this is quite an ubiquitous problem. You can run your computer in BIOS, and if white line is also appearing there then it is more likely a hardware problem.

You can also change the screen resolution of your computer and see if that makes any difference. You can also check Video Card, whether it is working correctly or not. If there is hardware failure or problem with Video Card, then you should call the service engineer to fix the issue as you may not be able to tackle that on your own.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332901123360831/k2311a0129/1.29.07