Loreal Paris Smooth-Intense Anti-frizz Caring Shampoo
  • It’s important to employ a clarifying shampoo once in a while to remove product build up, especially in my case as I like to indulge in styling products
  • That said, I believe this shampoo is truly nourishing
  • I bought the small 200 ml bottle only to test drive
  • I don’t recommend this shampoo if you’re expecting a luxurious wash with salon results

• by jhunie

I’m bugged by the different permutations of Loreal’s shampoos, especially their Smooth-Intense line. I just can’t make out the subtle differences between this and Elseve, as well as the Vive Pro range that are probably of the same Smooth-Intense formulations with varying packaging based on region. Mine was neither labeled Elseve nor Vive, simply Loreal Paris and apparently produced from Indonesia so I don’t know if this relates to the other Elseve smooth-intense products I see from other stores. The shampoo market is inundated with a multitude of products; each brand’s marketing campaign almost changing more than once a year. Though I’m not easily bamboozled by advertising, it’s very clear, there’s a waging shampoo war going on. My former conditioning shampoo was Pantene. It deserved praises yet it caused my sensitive scalp to get upset. Nevertheless, I switched to Loreal’s smooth intense shampoo for as long as I have yet to find a good sulfate-free shampoo.

It’s been roughly a month. I appointed the shampoo in my bathroom counter firstly because of its advertised nourishing benefits and obviously its anti-frizz property. I have permed locks with loose waves. I wanted a rich shampoo to tame my

thick hair and promote moisture since I frequent the blower and stay in temperature-controlled environments most of the day. The whole stint I used Pantene, I was close to ending my entire shampoo journey and stick to it for long. It’s certainly one of the richest shampoos but I have to put it down – lest my scalp would get irritated. This loreal shampoo had bigger shoes to fill. A weird thing was that this shampoo supplied what my previous shampoo lacked. Yet, it didn’t provide me of the same richness. Therefore, their results were relatively inverse.

This is a sulfate-laden shampoo but I haven’t noted any reactions thus far. I alternate between 2 shampoos at the moment, I used to complement this conditioning shampoo with a Garnier fructis fortifying shampoo and the duo may have maximized moisture for my hair but the itchy sensation was still present so I had to find a replacement. Now I’m using a more intense shampoo which effectively diminished my scratching fits. It’s important to employ a clarifying shampoo once in a while to remove product build up, especially in my case as I like to indulge in styling products.

I don’t ...

• think it promoted manageability for my frizzy tendencies. Maybe my hair care arsenal is just not moisturizing enough to restrain stubborn frizz. I still get those dry-hair days if I don’t put any moisturizing balm or leave on. After washing my hair with this shampoo, it’s even backbreaking to sort out the webs of damp hair before I proceed to applying conditioner. To say the least, I can feel that it improves the texture of my strands once it’s dried, my hair doesn’t feel grated or chafed upon touching it, although, irregularly short strands stray up. I wish it lent a cashmere-like softness, but the way it felt was enough to not make me complain about my hair pricking my neck and face.

I need to be careful upon pouring an amount or else I would end up spilling a handful. This is due to the liquid consistency which poorly resists flow unlike creamy ones. The shampoo is dyed in an orangey tint but still translucent. It reminds me a lot of mild baby shampoos. It takes plenty of water to dampen hair first before you can produce a desirable lather. I sometimes pour twice or

more. The lather is less foamy and not so rich compared to Pantene’s. I guess you can say that a shampoo is rich when your hair seems to fall back in place by itself as you rinse it off, hence – no web locks. Sadly it’s not intensively smooth.

Undeterred by the shampoo’s lack of richness, I still stick to it somehow. The main reason is the reduced amount of hair fall; how ironic Pantene’s hair fall control never worked back then?. That said, I believe this shampoo is truly nourishing. I don’t see a lot of hair breakage when I blow dry and brush my hair. I can also style my hair better since the slightly matte up texture of my strands doesn’t resist the styling products I use. This shampoo may not do wonders for the hair superficially, but I’m happy that it makes my hair stronger. It probably cost me less than 3 dollars. I bought the small 200 ml bottle only to test drive. I don’t recommend this shampoo if you’re expecting a luxurious wash with salon results. However, I believe it’s a good shampoo to fortify and nourish hair fall-prone heads.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115081232801131/k2311a0815/8.15.10