Narciso Rodriguez For Her Hair Mist Fragrance
  • I think donning fragrance on one’s hair is silly, surely it’s not something my hairstylist will recommend and he’ll probably reproach me for that
  • I love this Narciso Rodriguez for her hair mist
  • Narciso Rodriguez For Her is one of the designer’s signature fragrances which I didn’t like back then because I thought it smelt very musky
  • I like it better on hair because the individual notes seem better dispersed and aren’t too dense
  • But if you’re gaga over fragrances and want to explore further, I recommend you give this one a try

• by jhunie

I think donning fragrance on one’s hair is silly, surely it’s not something my hairstylist will recommend and he’ll probably reproach me for that. I have a profound fetish for fragrances that sometimes I spray perfumes on my hair. It just so happens that my least favorite hair products generally smell nice while the better ones I covet don’t. Who doesn’t love great smelling hair? With the layers of fragrances I pile up on my hair which are unavoidable knowing that intrinsically, hair products contain individual scents, the resulting cocktail of fragrances can be unpleasant. Spraying perfume to hair – long hair that is, also prolongs the life of my perfume without people knowing of course. I often wonder if the alcohol content of some perfumes can damage my locks so I stopped doing it. Until I came upon testing perfumes in a counter, I discovered hair mists and instead of suppressing my fragrant hair fantasy, I delved into it. I’m still a newbie to this fixation, but I think I’ve found the right item already. I love this Narciso Rodriguez for her hair mist.

Actually, I started dousing

my hair with perfume after perming. A very synthetic odor will linger on my head and it stinks. I used to spritz this Coty EDT because the chemical scent of my hair was unnerving and I was advised not to shampoo yet. The cologne had a pastry sweet vanilla dry down, contradicting the floral perfume I would wear. Then I moved to masking the smell with a floral Elizabeth Arden perfume and my sister would complain about why I smelt so matronly. I now use a dedicated hair fragrance. Narciso Rodriguez For Her is one of the designer’s signature fragrances which I didn’t like back then because I thought it smelt very musky. My perfume preference is gaining more depth now and somehow I’m able to appreciate this fragrance better than before, especially that I’m beginning to love woody notes at the moment.

This hair mist is a softer, watery version of the Narciso Rodriguez For Her which is a musky kind of oil. This would make an eau de toilette of the forerunner because it’s lighter and sheer to my nose. I tested it on my pulse but ...

• the familiar scent seemed to have a dry powdery texture; though quite sensual. On my hair however, it becomes a woody floral with just the right amount of sweetness at the end. I like it better on hair because the individual notes seem better dispersed and aren’t too dense. I don’t spritz it on the crown like a hair spray, rather along the lengths of my hair so the fragrance can gain a bit of airy mobility as I move. Sometimes, for dressing in my usual corporate days, I just gather my hair in a pony tail and spray the hair mist at the back.

I also like playing with multiple scents and it can be a hit or miss. I think this will make a great pair up with fruity colognes, the musk in this elegant perfume goes well with lighter notes. My sandalwood infusions combined with this hair mist makes a strange combination, almost like an empowered masculine scent, but I like it. I had once the mistake of wearing a chanel perfume underneath it and it was too much floral so it’s a bleak chance I’ll be doing

that again. Anyway, this scent is already wonderful on its own. I just wish the scent can last a little longer. When coupled with something else, the scent tends to last. Hair naturally gets withered when you wear it down for several hours, I don’t see the hair mist has any direct effect on that, or maybe it adds texture. But I like tousled hair once in a while. For me, the worst hair-related scent would be hairspray. So I use this hair mist to subdue the stinking smell of hairsprays especially when they get too stale and pile up with various styling products.

The bottle comes in a tall minimalist bar of glass with a matching square cap. I bought it for 28 dollars. I’m also looking forward to trying out other hair fragrances, like the sugary aquilino scents and Thierry mugler’s very own version of angel. I had fun spraying this on my hair, but it’s okay to think that it’s not necessary. I personally don’t think it’s essential. But if you’re gaga over fragrances and want to explore further, I recommend you give this one a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5615081232781131/k2311a0815/8.15.10