Jell-O No Bake Cheesecake

• by adrean_j

I like cheesecake. It has always been a creamy sweet dessert that I can really enjoy. The only problem is that I personally don’t know how to make cheesecake. Also, I don’t like buying ready made cheesecake at the store because it is extremely expensive compared to the other desserts.

Eventually I found an alternative product that is really inexpensive and good. I like to prepare the Jell O No Bake Cheesecake. The box comes with a cheesecake mixture and a crust mixture.

The crust mixture is

just a bag of graham cracker crumbs that need to be mixed with butter and evened out. This is simple enough and makes a buttery sweet crust. However I usually opt to purchase a separate graham cracker crust that is already prepared from the store.

There is nothing wrong with the crust in the box, it is just the lazy in me that buys one. The cheesecake mixture is just a powder mix that should be mixed with milk. I can simply pour it in a bowl,

• pour in the right amount of milk and mix it with a spoon.

I can slowly see the mixture thickening up into a cheesecake filling. It is really just so simple. I can then pour the mixture into the crust and let it chill.

It recommends chilling for an hour or more. I always let mine chill more, to let it get as thick as it can before serving. The only thing about this Jell-O No Bake Cheesecake that I don’t like is that it doesn’t make

a thick cheesecake.

In order for me to get a thicker one I have to use two boxes. This is a great inexpensive alternative for people that want to make a cheesecake. The box is under two dollars and even if you buy a separate crust it is 3 dollars for a whole cheesecake.

You really can’t beat it. The cheesecake filling is really light and fluffy. I’m not going to say it is as good as the New York style cheesecake, but it’s a pretty good substitute.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715081232631131/k2311a0815/8.15.10