Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed for Normal/Combination Skin  » Cosmetics  »
  • In a previous review, I mentioned that I could do without those expensive department store brand cleansers but as I was wandering about the makeup counters in Duty Free on a recent trip, I noticed that their prices are a bit cheaper than the malls
  • I normally rinse my face for about a minute with other cleansers but with this one, I found that I had to splash my face with water only thrice to get everything off
  • I did not mind since I like washing my face and I do enjoy the cleanser's fragrance

• by blairwitch

In a previous review, I mentioned that I could do without those expensive department store brand cleansers but as I was wandering about the makeup counters in Duty Free on a recent trip, I noticed that their prices are a bit cheaper than the malls. The Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed for Normal to Combination Skin for instance retails for approximately 1,500php at the mall but it was only 24usd at Duty Free. The price is still steep considering that a tube is only 125ml but I went ahead and bought it anyway since I wanted to try Clarins even before.

As with any high end cleanser, the Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser came in a

box with two inserts containing product information translated into several languages. The top portion of the tube is covered with plastic but there is no more seal other than that. The tube itself has a matte finish unlike the Chanel Precision which has a glossy finish. I very much like the way it is presented although I wish that the tube’s opening was also sealed.

When I tried the cleanser that night, I was surprised to find out that the cleanser’s consistency is unlike any I’ve ever tried and believe me, I have tried a lot. I was expecting a traditional solid creamy cleanser and was not prepared for the runny and somewhat milky consistency of the Clarins cleanser. It was like lotion in a tube. Its consistency made it difficult to control the amount of product that came out of the tube. In any event, I used it like I would any other tube cleanser by adding a little bit of water and when I did, the cleanser produced a soft lather that did not irritate my face not even when the product got near my eye area. I was not wearing much makeup that day and when I rinsed my face, my face felt clean but I also felt that there was a bit of resistance and tightness. I normally rinse my face for about a minute with other cleansers ...

• Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed for Normal/Combination Skin
      but with this one, I found that I had to splash my face with water only thrice to get everything off. Just the same, I added a few extra splashes just to make sure.

The product is mildly scented with a floral fragrance but the scent actually reminded me of clean linen. I don’t know why but maybe it has to do with the word Cottonseed in the label. I mentioned that there was a bit of resistance right after cleansing and as I was patting my face dry but this all went away quickly and my face felt really soft after. The feeling of softness lasted for a couple of hours. In the morning, I used

it again and I felt that it woke up my features. It could be because of the cool water but I felt that it helped brighten my face. Again, I was left with soft and smooth skin after I used it.

Later that night, I tried the product on a face full of makeup and while it removed most makeup on the first go, I had to lather twice to get rid of every last trace of makeup. I did not mind since I like washing my face and I do enjoy the cleanser’s fragrance. All in all, this is a great basic cleanser for those with normal to combination skin. It is expensive but really worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115081232511131/k2311a0815/8.15.10