Magnavox DVD/CD Player with Video Cassette Recorder CMWD2206  » Electronics  »
  • When my last DVD broke I decided to get a DVD and VHS player in one
  • The third problem is that I bought my daughter a Play With Me DVD system from scholastic
  • So although this unit is doing a satisfactory job I think that in the future I will purchase a different DVD player

• by Natalie

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

When my last DVD broke I decided to get a DVD and VHS player in one. I still have lots of Disney videos that my daughter likes.

This CMWD2206 model was cheap - under $100 and it serves most of the purposes that I would like but it has its faults.

First of all the remote is very cheap, the back that holds the batteries in broke

within a week.

On a side note the school where I work also bought similar units from Magnavox and the back of one of these remotes broke too.

So if you have one of these units or if you are thinking of getting one, just handle the remote with care and whatever you do, don’t drop it, it just can not handle it.

The second think that ...

• I do no like about this unit is that while it will play mp3 disks it will not play home videos that I have compiled on my computer.

I am using roxio and the DVD player will not read the disk.

I don’t know if different software would make a different but I am thinking that it will not.

The third problem is that I bought my

daughter a Play With Me DVD system from scholastic.

You basically have to set up the controlled to work like a remote and again there is something with this DVD player that will not work right.

I can get everything to work except the forward/backwards button.

So although this unit is doing a satisfactory job I think that in the future I will purchase a different DVD player.

Marie Wilson says :

The remote that came with this DVD Video Cassette Recorder about a year and a half ago, has unfortunately been dropped and no longer works - where can I purchase a new remote for this unit?

John says :

Marie, it would be easier to purchase a universal remote. But, if you prefer the standard remote, you can contact Magnavox, the manufacturer, to get a replacement.

Galega says :

Try to get the original remote of Magnavox. That will be durable and won’t cause any problem. You can get it at any authorized dealer of Magnavox. If not, then consider taking a universal or master remote controller. Find a compatible one and do little bit of settings as described on the instructions manual that you will get with the remote.

Natalie replies :

I am not sure. I would try the Magnavox website or maybe go with a universal remote. Hope this helps. Natalie

Lynda says :

I had a power outage and now when I set up the vcr to tape it give me a vertical with black snow…. I think I need to re programme the VCR back to channel 4, but do not know how to do that.

John says :

These are the steps to change it back to channel 4: With a tape in the device, press the source button. Press the “play” button once. Wait a few seconds and hold the “play” button for 3 seconds. Press stop and this will change the channel from 3 to 4.

Galega says :

In this case, pressing the PLAY button for upto 5 seconds usually solve the problem. However, if you are still seeing the same issue, then you can reset the device. Or, there might be some internal technical problem because of power outage you had experienced. In that case, you will have to take it to a service center.

Georges says :

Mon video casette ne veut plus enregitrer les missions t l , il a une lumiere rouge qui clignotte tout le temps. Je l`ai d connecter et reprogrammer neuf mais a ne chage rien. Quel est le probl me?

howard says :

i was watching a movie on my machine and after it was done i turned off the machine and when i went to use it again it will not power on again i checked all the plugs and cord but it will not power on

John says :

Howard, you should try a different outlet to make sure it’s not a problem with the outlet. Check the power cord for damage. If it persists, it definitely means that it’s an internal problem, likely with the system board. If you’re under warranty, I would suggest contacting Magnavox to have it repaired or replaced.

Galega says :

It was running fine before turning off. If there was no power outage before you turned it off, then there should not be any technical problem. You should check all connecting cable. You can also plug it to a different socket to see if the problem with a particular socket or not. If nothing is working out, then you will have to call the service center to fix the problem. However, I still think that there isn’t any internal technical issue with your machine.

Louise says :

We own a Magnavox DVDplayer VCR CMWD 2206 - we cannot find the manual to work the model. It there a web support site that I can download the instruction manual from. It will not work, blank blue screen, asking language prefference - but none of the remote control buttons will work i already changed the batteries , so I am stuck. Also, the remote nor the on off button on the actual VCR?DVD player will allow me to turn it off - so I can only unplug the machine to turn it off. But I cannot seem to get it working. Unfortunately, do not know where the manual is - on how to work the machine and also how to troubleshoot this model. Thanks for info. Louise

John says :

Louise, you can find the manual on the Magnavox website. Here’s a direct link to the manual:

Galega says :

The problem you are facing isn’t related to the DVD/CD player. Manual may be of little help to troubleshoot it. In any case, you can download the manual for this brand from the official website of Magnavox.

The problem here, as I see, is related to malfunctioning of remote control. It is not power related issue, as inserting a new set of batteries provided no solution. It is just refusing to send signal. You need to get it fixed, or buy a new remote control. Do whatever is convenient and affordable to you.

Mrs. Salyer says :

I am trying to set the VCR to channel three and can not do this. Can you please tell me how you change the channels

John says :

Start by putting a tape in. Press the button that says “source”. Press the “play” button once and then let it go. Now, hold the play button for three seconds. Press the “stop” button. This will then switch the channel over to three.

Galega says :

With a tape in the device, press the source button. Press the play button once. Wait a few seconds and hold the play button for 3 seconds. Press stop and this will change the channel to 3. You may need to repeat the same procedure to have channel 4. Please use remote control to do this, which will be easier for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162901123250831/k2311a0129/1.29.07