Coastal Scents 88 Original Eyeshadow Palette  » Cosmetics  »
  • I already own the Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette and I love it but then, while using the shimmer shadows I felt that the end result did not seem well defined and did not give me the kind of professional looking effect that I was trying to achieve
  • I decided to get the 88 Original Eyeshadow Palette because I have been reading and hearing a lot about how it is similar to the 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette in terms of color choice and layout
  • I thought this was awesome because it will give me an idea to relate the shades in my Ultra Shimmer Palette with the corresponding matte shades in the Original Palette
  • The cost of the 88 Original Eyeshadow Palette on the Coastal Scents Website is US$20.00 but I managed to get it on eBay for S$28.90 it is the very same palette from the same manufacturer only without the Coastal Scents name on the cover
  • That does not bother me at all as I prefer using my eyeshadow brushes

• by true_value

At first I never thought I would be buying the Coastal Scents 88 Original Eyeshadow Palette because I never liked the idea of using matte eyeshadows. I already own the Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette and I love it but then, while using the shimmer shadows I felt that the end result did not seem well defined and did not give me the kind of professional looking effect that I was trying to achieve.

That is when I realized using all shimmer shades simply does not cut it. Since I am a beginner I guess there is much to learn than what I had imagined. A good eye makeup is not just applying some sparkly color on the eyelid but to achieve a masterpiece look one needs to use different textures and finishes.

terms of color choice and layout. The 88 Original Palette had the exact same colors in the exact same spots only the texture, feel and look being different. I thought this was awesome because it will give me an idea to relate the shades in my Ultra Shimmer Palette with the corresponding matte shades in the Original Palette.

The cost of the 88 Original Eyeshadow Palette on the Coastal Scents Website is US$20.00 but I managed to get it on eBay for S$28.90 it is the very same palette from the same manufacturer only without the Coastal Scents name on the cover.

The Palette comes in an ultra slim case with a highly polished glossy surface and measures 9” x 6.5” (23cm x 16.5cm) when closed. The eyeshadow pots are dime sixe and contains product that I am sure will last for many many number of uses. The Palette is light weight at only 16gm. These are extremely portable and easy to carry ...

• around while travelling.

The case has a decent sized mirror stuck on the inside of the cover and come which two double tipped sponge applicators. The applicator tips however are not of much use and because of their being very porous they pick up a lot of color and are scratchy on the lids and once removed from the slot they don’t fix back again. That does not bother me at all as I prefer using my eyeshadow brushes.

I never thought I would say this considering how much I love shimmering eyeshadows but once I set my hands on this palette I loves this even more than my 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette. The colors in this appear more pigmented vivid and beautiful. Then again the Palette does not have all Matte. It has quite a few shimmer eyeshadows, a couple of glittery shades, a lot of satin eyeshades (these I LOVE!) and the Matte ones. I simply adore this Palette.

I

use both the Palettes. I use the 88 Original Palette to create a base and then highlight the centre of my eyelid with the Ultra Shimmer matching shade and also to highlight my inner eye corners. It works beautifully. The palette really compliments each other and brings out the creative in me to the front. I sometimes go crazy with ideas to try.

How wonderful it is for a beginner like me to have the opportunity to use such a number of highly pigmented high quality eyeshadows at such an affordable price. I can’t imagine buying 88 eyeshadows even the cheapest one at this price.

The palette has all the colors covered from black to white and everything in between. All shades of purples, greens, blues, silvers, gold, yellow, pinks and the list goes on. The palette allows going for any type of looks. From super dramatic to neutral daily look it is very versatile.

I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115081232491131/k2311a0815/8.15.10