The movie Shark Boy and Lava Girl
  • I think that just about everyone remembers Sky Kids and Sky Kids 2

• by webgirl40

I think that just about everyone remembers Sky Kids and Sky Kids 2. It seemed to be really popular for awhile and then just died out. It as not long after Spy Kids 2 came out that the previews for Shark Boy and Lava Girl came out.

Let me be adundantly claer that after Spy KIds I had absolutely no desire to see this

movie. It looked rediculous. I did not like Spy Kids all that much and was definetly not going to spend my money to watch this one. However about two years ago I ended up seeing this movie while I was babysitting with a friend.

This movie was not just bad, it was mind-numbing. Oh, my goodness what a movie. It was sooo cheesy, even for a b-rated kids movie. I really felt like the directors were just trying to catch a ride on the Spy Kids popularity and failed miserably. It made me drowsy on more than one occasion and had I not been babysitting I would have passed out.

The acting sucked. There was just no talent. Even the kids that we were baby stiing got bored ...

• The movie Shark Boy and Lava Girl
      with it. The movie plot was terrible it had no originality and no sense of cuteness at all. The supposed 3-D effects were marginal at best. I really could not help but feel bad for any parent who spent their hard earned money to see this movie with their kids.

The only positive things that I can say about this movie are that there

was not alot of violence and that the story did have a decent moral. It did try to get across the importance of having your own dreams and chasing those dreams.

Other than that this movie had no saving grace. I give it a 3 and will do my very best not to have to watch this movie again. I just don’t think that my brain could take it.

Earl Sanchez says :

I think it was an interesting film when I was younger. For a kid, watching a film where your dreams become reality is such a wonderful idea to entertain. Though the effects weren’t as great and maybe some of the jokes are a bit too cheesy, it’s still a fun watch at a young age. Overall, more of a kids film than a family film so parents, just have patience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115081232331031/k2311a0815/8.15.10