Sony bloggie PM5 camera  » Cameras  »
  • In poor lighting conditions are not impressive, but this is a specific problem for all pocket cameras
  • I found that the internal memory is poor, at least for my needs, only 26 mb, but the bloggie comes with a 4 GB SD card so you won't have to buy one, I appreciate when the package of a product includes useful stuff like these
  • Overall I think that Sony targeted correctly their clients with this funky camera

• by Bob S.

Sony bloggie PM5 is a full HD video camera for every pocket, literally and figuratively. That would briefly describe this toy, if you judge it by the name you think that is dedicated to bloggers. True, the manufacturer aims to this extremely popular category on the Internet, but the fact remains that Sony bloggie goes perfectly in any circumstance.

Personally, I find it ideal to work with when you on a

mountain trip and a larger camera it is not exactly easy to put in your bag. I liked the small dimensions of this camera, and its lightness.

This camera’s specialty is filming / photography at 360 degrees, which is possible through a special lens that attaches to the body. And that is total flexibility the objective can be tilted in any angle you want between 0 and 270 degrees, 0 means off.

Another thing that I liked at Sony bloggie is the quality of video recording that is above the average in the segment of pocket cameras. In poor lighting conditions are not impressive, but this is a specific problem for all pocket cameras.

I found that the internal memory is poor, at least for my needs, only 26 mb, but the bloggie comes with a 4 GB SD card so you ...

• Sony bloggie PM5 camera
      won’t have to buy one, I appreciate when the package of a product includes useful stuff like these. To transfer your files you have to connect the camera to your PC or take out the card and insert it into a card reader.

First method is much simpler, because Sony hides a retractable USB that is another useful feature of the bloggie. One thing that I didn’t like was the fact

that if you need to watch your creations on your TV the Sony bloggie comes with a non standard AV port.

Another thing that disturbed me during the shooting of a test video was the display, I would have liked it to fold. Another thing that I did not like about the display was its format, being a 4:3 the visibility is reduced.

Overall I think that Sony targeted correctly their clients with this funky camera.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4315081232271031/k2311a0815/8.15.10