Blackberry Curve 8530  » Phones  »
  • I've had a huge problem with dust getting underneath the screen
  • However, if you have had a smartphone before I would recommend looking elsewhere

• by A. Dalless

The Blackberry Curve 8530 is an entry level smartphone that gets the job done well. I have used the phone for approximately eight months now and I am fully aware of its capabilities.

First, lets discuss the software. Many tech people claim that Blackberry 5 OS is out of date compared to recent Android and iPhone updates and it is hard to debate that. However, the OS performs well, especially if you are an avid e-mail

user like myself. Also, the Blackberry Messenger, or BBM, is exclusive to the OS and becoming more popular among businesses and college campuses alike. It allows for quick messaging, group chats, and the ability to share media and locations.

I do have some problems with the actual phone. I feel that it is cheaply built, but I guess that is what you get for an entry level smartphone. The keypad is not as nice as on ...

• other Blackberrys, ex. the Tour and the Bold. I’ve had a huge problem with dust getting underneath the screen. I was told it is because I did not use a case when it was in my pocket and there is nothing that RIM can do to fix it. I do really enjoy the trackpad on the phone. As many problems and come up with the trackballs on older Blackberrys getting stuck the trackpad seems to
        solve most of these issues.

The battery life on the phone is great. I am able to go from around 7am to 12am on one charge using the phone primarily for BBM, E-mail, and texting with some light browsing throughout the day as well.

Overall this phone is great for people new to the smartphone market. However, if you have had a smartphone before I would recommend looking elsewhere. Perhaps to the new Blackberry 6OS.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3715081232221031/k2311a0815/8.15.10