Jason Shea Nut Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • As my hair was drying I noticed how soft and shiny it had become
  • I will definitely be using this shea butter for this purpose again
  • It is very gentle and doesn’t have any fragrance or unnatural ingredients in it which I like a lot

• by Soleil Robins

My skin has been very dry and very itchy lately so I wanted to get some shea butter to help soften it up a bit. One of the shea butters I tried was Jason Shea Nut Butter. So far it has worked wonders with keeping it soft and itch free. It has even firmed up my skin a bit and made it look glowing as well which is very nice for me.

The shea butter comes in a very small plastic round 2 ounce container. Inside there is this golden solid shea nut butter. In order to use it you have to melt it in the microwave. I usually just pop it into my microwave for almost 3 to 5 minutes because it takes that long to melt believe it or not. After I allow the shea butter to cool for several minutes and thicken up a bit because by now it is basically a hot oil. While the

shea butter is thickening up and cooling I usually take a shower and exfoliate my skin really well. I feel if I exfoliate my skin before putting this shea butter on it absorbs into my skin a lot better. After I get out of the shower and massage this shea butter into my skin which is cool slightly thicker and a little oily, but it is excellent for massaging and moisturizing your body with after a nice warm shower or bubble bath. The shea butter will feel slightly greasy afterwards for several minutes so you might want to wait to put your clothing on and style your hair or something, but after several minutes it will be fully absorbed into your skin. Then after about 30 minutes you will notice how soft and silky your skin will feel. This is what I felt after using it.

Another way I have been using this shea butter lately is ...

• on my feet because my heels have become really dried out and cracked. I simply wash my feet really well or soak them in a footbath and then take some of the shea butter melted and massage it right into my feet for several minutes. After I place a pair of cotton socks over them and allow my feet too heal up. So far the shea butter has softened my feet and heels right up and they feel much better.

The other way I used the shea butter when it is a melted warm liquid oil form is as a hot oil hair treatment for my dried out hair. I simply taking my hands and poured some of the shea butter into them and massaged the oil throughout my hair. After I placed a shower cap over my head and allowed the shea butter too lightly condition and treat my dry hair and split ends. I left the oil

in for about 30 minutes. After I got into the shower and rinsed it out and washed my hair really well with a good organic shampoo. Once my hair was washed I patted it dry and allowed it too air dry. As my hair was drying I noticed how soft and shiny it had become. I will definitely be using this shea butter for this purpose again.

I do believe the Jason Shea Nut Butter would be excellent for all types of skin and even for baby’s and children’s skin. It is very gentle and doesn’t have any fragrance or unnatural ingredients in it which I like a lot. I will definitely be keeping some of this shea butter on hand all the time because it has so many purposes and uses and works really well. I do hope those of you who try it out as well on your body and hair will like the results you get as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115081232171031/k2311a0815/8.15.10