Revlon Photo Ready Foundation
  • It's about $18 CDN which is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation, agree

• by pinky

After hearing the constant rave about the Revlon Photo Ready foundation, I gave in and decided to try it for myself. At first I was hesitating whether or not to try this foundation because of its price tag. It’s about $18 CDN which is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation, agree? But after claims that it’s comparable to the MUFE HD foundation, I just had to try it.

The overall packaging is

actually nice. Unlike the Revlon Colorstay foundation, this one has a pump dispenser which really makes it easier to get the amount you need without making a mess.

I have fairly sensitive skin and I usually never break out. After using this foundation I’ve started to break out a lot, tho I doubt the foundation is to blame entirely. This foundation gives light to medium coverage, but it’s build-able so you could ...

• work with it. As Revlon claims, it is lightweight on the skin which is a big plus for me, mainly because I hate the feeling of having a thick layer of makeup on. There is also no fagrance to this foundation which is also a plus.

What really bothered me about this foundation is the amount of glitter. At first I didn’t notice, but as soon as I went outside my face

started to sparkle (Not digging the Cullen effect)! I wore this foundation for a whole day outside and had to do a touch up a few hours later. I did notice that my face actually looked flawless in pictures using this foundation, tho.

Despite having such good reviews, I’ll have to pass on this one. Buying a pack of glitter at a dollar store is cheaper than paying $18 to sparkle like Edward Cullen.

Susan says :

re : It’s about $18 CDN which is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation, agree
    This is a great quality foundation. Given that a high end foundation costs $ 50 or more I do not think this is a bad price for this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114081231930231/k2311a0814/8.14.10