The Mysterious Island, by Jules Verne  » Books  »
  • I got this book as a Christmas present a few years ago, and as I had liked the novels that I had read written by the French author Jules Verne in the past, I decided to start reading The Mysterious Island immediately, and once I started I couldn't stop until the last page
  • Specially interesting is the engineer Ciro Smith, who is the biggest help in their adjustment to the island
  • I love surprises, so I had a great time while moving forward in the story
  • If you ask me, I would absolutely recommend to read this book

• by Cal

I got this book as a Christmas present a few years ago, and as I had liked the novels that I had read written by the French author Jules Verne in the past, I decided to start reading The Mysterious Island immediately, and once I started I couldn’t stop until the last page. In the story, a group of people who were traveling in a hot-air balloon end up lost

in, what they thought, was a deserted island, because of an accident.

They will have to adapt themselves to the new place with the help of their own means and intelligence, although they don’t have much to start with.

While they build a place to live, and find their own ways to get food and make a living there, they will have to overcome some difficult situations.

In those moments ...

• they have a mysterious help.

Who is that mysterious benefactor hidden in the island?

I’m not going to tell you all of the story or who’s the mysterious person, as if you’re curious it’s better that you give it a try and read it.

You will probably enjoy it as much as I did.

I liked it very much, as it explains well how the characters evolve in the story, adapting

to their new situation.

Specially interesting is the engineer Ciro Smith, who is the biggest help in their adjustment to the island.

The mistery is well kept during all of the book, keeping me interested in every page.

It’s also full of action and adventures, with many unexpected surprises.

I love surprises, so I had a great time while moving forward in the story.

If you ask me, I would absolutely recommend to read this book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1714081231850231/k2311a0814/8.14.10