The Royal Tombs Park in Gyeongju, South Korea  » Travel  »
Gyeonsangbuk-do Gyeongju-si Inwang-dong 839-1, Republic of Korea
  • Well, I watched a lot of historical drama so I know some things about this
  • Although there is not much to see there, but I really enjoyed my tour
  • I love it there and I'd like to see it again

• by eden_shii

Gyeongju is named as an open museum in South Korea. It is a museum without walls. As to why it has been described as such is proven by the wonderful historical places it has. And I can prove it myself.

In Gyeonsangbuk-do Gyeongju-si Inwang-dong, is where I stayed and not far from it, I can already see the so-called royal tombs. In the Royal Tombs, from the name itself, is where the royalties are mostly burried. Gyeongju, as I can recall, is the capital known as Seorabol which is the capital of the ancient kingdom known

as Silla (pronounced as Shilla). Well, I watched a lot of historical drama so I know some things about this. Which in turn encouraged me to visit there.

From the hostel where I stayed, it only took me 15 minutes to go there. It is actually just near to Anapji Pond and even nearer to Cheomseongdae. So, since I went to Cheomseongdae being the first in my itinerary, I walked towards west and found a huge stone at the entry point marked “The Royal Tombs”. It just looked so good in the entry point and I was ...

• even more intruiged to walked through the park and see the scenery.

It is just a park and all I can see were hills. Actually, these are not land forms, or land formed by nature. But instead these are tombs. Many Kings, Queens, princes and princesses were burried in the place. I just can’t spell nor pronounce the name of the royalties burried there. But since the entrance was for free, I spent half of my day just roaming around seeing different tombs. Although there is not much to see there, but I really enjoyed my tour.

Why?

It is such a great privilege to see the tombs of royalties. It is not everyday of your life that you can see the tomb of a high official. And besides, the place is really relaxing and I even walked and sit on the grass. There were many kids inside also enjoying their excursion. The place is very safe. So, it is not just clean and secured but it is also enjoyable to tour around. I love it there and I’d like to see it again. Thanks to the Gyeongju government who maintained it so well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3814081231700131/k2311a0814/8.14.10