BlackBerry Curve 8520, A-Meet-Budget Smartphone  » Phones  »
  • Another part that I like from BlackBerry Curve 8520 is its trackpad
  • A lot of my friends who use BlackBerry with trackball face a real problem with it
  • I think Curve 8520 has more stable software that makes its battery live longer
  • We should also note that there is no product that shows up as the best, even the most expensive BlackBerry still has its handicaps, and of course advantages

• by ferdhifs

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

BlackBerry Curve 8520 is the first smart phone I use. This type of BlackBerry has quite low price compare to other types of BlackBerry. However, it does not eliminate the prime function of BlackBerry.

From the first time, I’ve already loved to buy this type. The brand new handheld price is no more than $270 and it is good for me as college student. Another part that I like from BlackBerry Curve 8520 is its trackpad.

A lot of my friends who use BlackBerry with trackball face a real problem with it. Since Curve 8520 use trackpad, it eliminates the problem of trackball (which is usually caused by the dust that enters the space around the trackball). I also have to note that trackpad is even better than trackball, in case of sensitivity.

Another good side of this phone is the software. I think Curve 8520 has more stable software that ...

• makes its battery live longer. So we can extend our talk time.

However, this BlackBerry Curve 8520 has some handicaps. The camera is not better than 2 mega pixels (Bold 9700 and Curve 8900 have 3.2 mega pixels camera). Moreover, it features only 2.5G internet connection, while other smart phones have 3G connection on average. Also the cover is not so good as it’s made from plastic.

This BlackBerry doesn’t have BlackBerry Maps, but we can simply

replace it with an application from Google (Google Maps), so we’re still sure that we walk on the right direction.

Overall, I do like BlackBerry Curve 8520 as it fulfills my needs. We should also note that there is no product that shows up as the best, even the most expensive BlackBerry still has its handicaps, and of course advantages.

So the choice is yours.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3714081231670131/k2311a0814/8.14.10