Fluticasone Propionate (Flovent Diskus) oral inhalation aerosol  » Medicine  »
  • That would be a 2 hour jog in the treadmill and another hour of my favourite cardiovascular class in the gym
  • I like to call this my cardio day since everything that I had to do that day was all about my cardio workout
  • I have been using this inhaler for almost a week now and I noticed that the tightness feeling in my chest is relieved within 12 hours
  • I did experience though, some side effects

• by Carlisle

Every other day I see to it that I get a healthy dose of my exercise. That would be a 2 hour jog in the treadmill and another hour of my favourite cardiovascular class in the gym. I like to call this my cardio day since everything that I had to do that day was all about my cardio workout. I am also an asthmatic patient since early childhood and before I even do a workout, I make sure that I inhale my recommended dosage and bring my inhaler to the gym just in case. Lately, my

long-time inhaler was shifted probably because I was developing a resistance to it. My doctor had no choice but to shift me another medication. This time, it was Fluticasone Propionate (Flovent Diskus).

Fluticasone Propionate (Flovent Diskus) is a synthetic steroid which acts to decrease the inflammation that causes the asthma. Doctors give this for the preventive maintenance of chronic asthma, nasal congestion and seasonal allergic rhinitis. It’s available in nasal spray, oral inhalation powder and oral inhalation aerosol. I was prescribed with the 220 mcg oral inhalation aerosol since I was a big guy. I bought mine for about $62.50. The lower dosage diskus were priced from $22 to $34 depending on the manufacturer. From its name, the inhaler looks much like a disc. One side rotates while the other is fixed. It works the same as the L-shaped inhaler that I used to be prescribed with. The diskus has a mouthpiece and a small level that is used to rotate for the next dose. This drug and inhaler can only be bought with a prescription.

I was new to this inhaler since I’m used to using the conventional inhaler that was L-shaped. This was only ...

• Fluticasone Propionate (Flovent Diskus) oral inhalation aerosol
      the second inhaler that I have tried to this day. The pamphlet that came with the inhaler provided with everything that I needed to know prior to using the inhaler. I forgot on how to use this so I read through the instructions again which proved easy to read and understandable even for somebody who has never used an inhaler of this kind. I have been using this inhaler for almost a week now and I noticed that the tightness feeling in my chest is relieved within 12 hours. Only after using this for several days can
      I truly feel the peak effect of Fluticasone Propionate. I experienced the optimal effects within 7 days and the duration of the medication in 2 weeks. I did experience though, some side effects. My mouth became irritated over time and I got a nauseous feeling a few hours after taking Flovent. In my continued use of this drug, I noticed my weight go up to 3 kilograms even though I was on a diet. I read through the pamphlet and found out that this was a common side effect of steroids such as this. I give Fluticasone Propionate (Flovent Diskus) a 9.

robert hill says :

re : I did experience though, some side effects
I have been using Fluticasone Propionate for some time now in pellet form and it is so much better than Fostair with my breathing. I have two pellets in the morning and again at night and my oxygen levels have improved a lot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2614081231590131/k2311a0814/8.14.10