Michael Jackson’s This Is It  » Movies  »
  • Somehow I found it ironic that the movie was being released just in time for halloween, as it reminded me of the song, Triller which is still a Halloween classic to this day in age

• by b.mikey

I hadn’t been to the movie theater in a long time since the big screen seems dominated by typical hollywood trash. But Michael Jackson’s This Is It was truly an exception because it’s an original movie that stands out in a culture full of one cheesy remake after another.

When Michael Jackson died, the world went numb because the light that he gave to our world had burned out. When I heard that

a movie consisting of rehearsal footage for his tour was coming to theaters, I felt optimistic and started to see a glimpse of Michael’s light. Somehow I found it ironic that the movie was being released just in time for halloween, as it reminded me of the song, Triller which is still a Halloween classic to this day in age. I was amazed at all the priceless footage taken of Michael and his crew ...

• rehearsing his songs at Staples Center, as it shows how he was nowhere near a sickly man on drugs. Listening to all the classic, electrifying hits, Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Human Nature, and Wanna Be Startin’ Something made me want to dance right in my seat!

Sure, he looks slim, but it shows how he invests much time and energy into rehearsals by motivating the musicians and crew to give it all they got.

I could tell by the crew’s facial expressions that they had so much fun because Michael made it enjoyable without having to raise his voice. The context of this movie is an obvious, yet saddening reminder that leaves you wondering what could have happened, and what will never be. Nonetheless, This Is It is a must have for all Michael Jackson fans who want to get to know the man for his music and personality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1113081231180931/k2311a0813/8.13.10