Easy Tuna Mix recipe  » Recipes  »
  • My roommate and I were famished one night, when we realized we had an easy solution right before our eyes

• by Korya
      My roommate and I were famished one night, when we realized we had an easy solution right before our eyes. All you need to make a large quantity of a filling, nutritious meal is the following: 1 box of dry pasta (I suggest Barilla Plus pasta, the wheat penne) 1 bowl of tuna salad (we used a vegan variety) 1

jar of Ragu alfredo sauce A handful of pita chips, broken into crumbs 1 bowl of cooked broccoli (optional)

We were heating up the Barilla pasta, the wheat variety that has extra protein (a must since my roommate is vegetarian and I have a general aversion to the taste of meat) when we realized that plain pasta was too bland.

I ...

• suggested that we use our bowl of vegan tuna salad to make a casserole type dish.

We boiled the pasta as usual, then stirred in the tuna salad once the pasta had been strained.

Next we stirred in half a jar of Ragu alfredo sauce (at room temperature- the hot pasta was enough to heat it up).

Once

served, I sprinkled some broken pita chips over the pasta, and voila, we had a quick, easy dish that provided a tremendous amount of protein and was relatively low in calories and fat.

The only way it could have been better was if we stirred in some cooked broccoli to add a veggie flavor, but alas, we did not have any.

Preparation time was roughly 15 minutes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49241012310731/k2311a1024/10.24.05