E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) Eyelid Primer 7501 Sheer
  • Not that I would go out every day with crazy dramatic looks but I love to play with the colourful eye shadows and take pictures of myself at home
  • I ruled out Urban Decay Primer Potion because even though the product seemed to be great I found a lot of bad reviews about the packaging and how the unique curved bottle actually resulted in a lot of wastage
  • Since I was a beginner in eye makeup and practice different looks I thought I might as well start with this
  • I really enjoyed applying the eyeshades and blending it

• by true_value

Ever since I have gotten my Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer and the 88 Original Palette I have wanted to get everything necessary to come up with great eye makeup looks. Not that I would go out every day with crazy dramatic looks but I love to play with the colourful eye shadows and take pictures of myself at home.

Since I was not that much into eye shadows I needed a lot of practice. I came to understand the necessity of an eyelid primer. Without priming, the eye shadows did not blend well and also would smudge and bleed because I have extremely oily face including my eyelids. After doing an online research I came to the conclusion that Too Faced Shadow Insurance and the Urban Decay Primer Potion were the two most popular and highly touted eyeshadow primers with the makeup lovers.

I ruled out Urban Decay Primer Potion because even though the product seemed to be great I found a lot of bad reviews about the packaging and how the unique curved bottle actually resulted in a lot of wastage. Both the Urban Decay and Too Faced primers are from the High End

cosmetics line and costs around S$30.00. I made up my mind to get the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer just because it has a better packaging and therefore good value for money.

While still mulling over it I came across the reviews on E.L.F eyelid primer and how it was good while costing less than a fraction of the high end primers. It was not like everyone was raving as highly about it as the other two as I mentioned but then again there were some who highly praised it and some who ditched it. In the US it is sold for only $1.00 but there on the Singapore website they sell it for S$7.90.

I came across an eBay seller who was selling the E.L.F eyelid primer for only S$3.50. Now that was really tempting. Since I was a beginner in eye makeup and practice different looks I thought I might as well start with this. After all there were some good reviews too and then who knows, it might just work fine and save me S$27.00 which I was planning to spend on the Too Faced Primer. I decided to go ...

• for the E.L.F eyelid primer with the thought that if it didn’t work well then I can always buy the other.

The Primer arrived in my mailbox the very next day and I was super excited. The primer came on a card packaging with a moulded plastic seal over it. It looked like a liquid concealer bottle. It was a clear plastic bottle with beige colored product and black cap. At the back of the card were descriptions and directions.

E.L.F claims to prep eyelid for smoother longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow , that the ultra sheer, nude color worked to increase eye color longevity, that the lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into skin for comfortable wear and that it was a Gentle Formula.

The first ingredient on the list is Cyclopentasiloxane which is a type of silicone and no mention of Mineral oil which I thought was great.

I couldn’t wait to test it out. I washed, moisturized and prepared my face with my foundation. I applied a little bit of the E.L.F eyelid primer on my eye lids and blended with my finger tip. It felt smooth and had a kind of oily texture and dried fairly fast.

Once dry I felt that it instantly brightened my eyelids making it appear fresh and matt.

When I applied my eyeshadow over it I could immediately see the difference between applying without any primer. Here the eyeshadows stuck on my eyelids and stayed where I applied instead of moving around. I really enjoyed applying the eyeshades and blending it. The colors however did not appear intense even after several application layering. But I guess for everyday wear this is just fine for a natural appearance. Once set the eyeshadows become budge proof and does not fade or transfer and there is absolutely no creasing at all. I was really impressed with the primer.

I also applied it on the lower eyelids so as to make my eyeliner last longer and sure enough they did so. The Primer is so smudge proof that since I am not used to wearing eye make up all the time I forgetfully rubbed my eyes and yet nothing happened to my eye makeup. It is awesome.

I highly recommend the E.L.F Eyelid Primer in Sheer to everyone for its extremely affordable price, crease proof and long lasting effects.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112081230870931/k2311a0812/8.12.10