NYC Self-Adhesive False Lashes
  • The weekend after I bought them, we were going out on the town, so I thought that would be a perfect opportunity to try out my new lashes
  • The first thing I noticed was that the lashes were nearly impossible to remove from the package because they were so sticky
  • When I finally got them off the plastic package, I found that I had a hard time getting them to stick to my eyelashes
  • The lashed gave my eyes a very dramatic look, an dafter I had trimmed them, I was happy with how they looked
  • Also, even though they are a good value since they are so inexpensive, you also have to factor in the cost of the glue that you will need to purchase to make these things stick

• by mariekay

I only wear false eye lashes on special occasions. Because of that, I don’t like to spend a lot of money on them when I do buy them. I have used different brands before, and most came with a lash glue to adhere the false lashes to my own lashes. When I came across the NYC false lashes, the package said they were “self-adhesive” and I loved the idea of not having to mess with the glue at all. Plus, they were very inexpensive compared to other false lashes I had purchased in the past. I paid only about $2 for the lashes. They were quite long and not very natural looking, but I figured I would try them anyway, and just trim them if

I needed to.

The weekend after I bought them, we were going out on the town, so I thought that would be a perfect opportunity to try out my new lashes. The first thing I noticed was that the lashes were nearly impossible to remove from the package because they were so sticky. There is a clear adhesive film already on the lashes, and this made them tacky to the touch. When I finally got them off the plastic package, I found that I had a hard time getting them to stick to my eyelashes. It was as if all the stickiness had come off during the process of trying to peel them from the package. They stuck to the middle part of my eyes, but they ...

• lifted on both the inside and outside corners.

I had some old last glue from a previous pair of lashes, so I used a bit of that and that seemed to help the lashes adhere better. The lashes were very long and thick, and didn’t look natural. I trimmed them a little bit, just enough so that they didn’t touch my eyelids when I opened my eyes. The lashed gave my eyes a very dramatic look, an dafter I had trimmed them, I was happy with how they looked. They ended up staying on all night long until I removed them after I got home.

So, overall I was happy with the lashes - except for the fact that they advertise as being self-adhesive, and they really are not.

I would suggest that anyone buying these lashes also pick up a tube of lash glue because these don’t stick well without it. I think it’s misleading to say this product is self-adhesive. Although there is an adhesive strip, it sticks better to the package than it does to your lashes.

I would still recommend this product to anyone who is looking for dramatic and inexpensive false lashes for special occasions. These are definitely not for every day wear, and anyone who is looking for natural looking lashes would not like these. Also, even though they are a good value since they are so inexpensive, you also have to factor in the cost of the glue that you will need to purchase to make these things stick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112081230810931/k2311a0812/8.12.10