Almay Smart Shade Concealers
0.5
  • I really regret purchasing this concealer, because it didn't do anything for it
  • Okay so I decided to use it that same day, because I was going out and I just wanted to put something on to cover up the darkness and head out
  • I bought the light/medium 200, only to find out it was too much lighter than my actual shade
  • So I was disappointed, I didn't know what to do next, so I decided I would add a little bit of powder to make it a bit darker
  • Good luck to anyone who wants to purchase this product, maybe I just have sensitive skin but I hated my experience with this product

• by Kim

I really regret purchasing this concealer, because it didn’t do anything for it! This is one of the reasons why I tend to stray away from drug store cosmetics, because sometimes the cheap products really aren’t that great! They can be made of cheap products, and ingredients, so your skin gets super irritated from using it, and you totally regret it. I don’t want to seem materialistic about the makeup brands I use, but Almay isn’t in my top 5, and unless they step it up a bit, they’re going to stay down there! Sorry for being so blunt about it, but seriously, it’s sad. Anyways,

I was browsing my drug store’s makeup section, because I was looking for a certain lipstick, and while I was at it I said hm, I might as well purchase a concealer, because I’ve been looking a little down in the dumps lately, and there’s been some darkness under my eye area, and I needed something quick to just cover it up. So I was looking, and Almay’s product was the first one I saw, I read the info about it and what it claimed, and it sounded promising so I said why not, and I purchased it for like $10.00, which I shouldn’t have.

Okay so

I decided to use it that same day, because I was going out and I just wanted to put something on to cover up the darkness and head out. But bad luck for me, that wasn’t happening. I bought the light/medium 200, only to find out it was too much lighter than my actual shade. (There were only 4 other shades in the drug store, and they were all TOO dark. So it was like a lose/lose situation.) So I was disappointed, I didn’t know what to do next, so I decided I would add a little bit of powder to make it a bit darker.

• Almay Smart Shade Concealers
      It worked, and I was a bit happy, until about 30 minutes later. Later, under my eye area was feeling really irritated, like I was chaffing or something, I just couldn’t figure out what was wrong! So I went into the ladies room, looked in the mirror and it looked like under my eye area was flaking! I didn’t get it at all! How could this happen. The concealer and the powder completely dried up, and there were just tons of flakes. I was so upset no one told me! (Even though I was by myself.) I knew it wasn’t my powder, because I use
      it all the time and I haven’t had any problems with it so far. I washed my face completely off the product, and when I went back into the sunlight under my eyes were stinging! I honestly was dumbfounded. Maybe it’s a ingredient in their product that irritated my under eye area, whatever.

I trashed the product as soon as I got home. Good luck to anyone who wants to purchase this product, maybe I just have sensitive skin but I hated my experience with this product. Oh and not only that but it leaves a gray cast. I think that’s because of the sunscreen. Anyways, this was a bad buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112081230800931/k2311a0812/8.12.10