Assured Multi Symptom Day and Night Cold Formula  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • I thought that could be good, but didn’t think that would be enough doses for me
  • The Assured multisymptom day and night cold formula will help, but is not the best

• by adrean_j

A few months ago I got a really bad cold. I had a migraine from all of the nasal congestion, and my cough was so bad that my chest burned each and every time I coughed. My eyes were watery and I felt like my life was over. I mean it was really bad. I couldn’t breath, couldn’t eat, didn’t want to talk and was all around miserable.

I told my husband to bring me some medicine on his way home from work. I didn’t know that he would go to the dollar store and get a generic brand. I was kind of upset reading the box Assured multisymptom

day and night cold formula. When I opened the box there was three doses of each day time medicine and night time medicine.

I thought that could be good, but didn’t think that would be enough doses for me. Either way, all I could do is take the pills and see what happened. I took the daytime dose first. I waited for some kind of change and still felt horrible.

After about an hour I started to feel a little relief from my clogged nose but that was it. I was hoping that the nighttime dose would bring me some relief.

After the daytime dose was unsuccessful I suffered for ...

• four more hours. At bed time I took the night time dose.

I don’t remember feeling any better, but I did pass out pretty quickly. In the morning I still felt like I’d been hit with a baseball bat. I didn’t want to give up so easily so I took another dose in the morning. This time it seemed to work a bit better.

I felt lighthearted and happy for a couple of hours. I guess The Assured multisymptom medicine has to really get into your system before it yields results. By the time the medicine was done, it had been three days. I could only take one dose

in the morning and one at night trying to preserve.

This cold medicine is okay, but I’ve experienced way better like Dayquil and Nyquil. The good thing about this medication is the price. The pills themselves came in a box with the little plastic package of pills inside. The lining is easy to break through, so you won’t have to struggle to get the pills out.

They are small enough inside, but not tiny. I could swallow both of them with ease. They could be compared to some Tylenol tablets. They were kind of cylinder shaped.

The Assured multisymptom day and night cold formula will help, but is not the best.

Char says :

I would like to know if there is alcohol or any alcohol related products in your NieTime liquid capsules. As a recovering alcoholic, it is imperative that this question be answered in a timely manner as I have all symptoms of pain cough fever chills etc. and need to take some medication as soon as possible, I am miserable and all the other products appear to have alcohol in them. Please help Thanks for any information you can give to me as soon as possible.

Galega says :

This Nighttime formula doesn’t contain Alcohol. Needless to say, like other medicines, it also contains organic compounds.

adrean_j replies :

Nighttime formula has 325mg acetaminophen pain reliever fever reducer , 2mg chlorpheniramine maleate antihistamine , 10mg dextromethorphan HBr cough suppressant , and 5mg phenylephrine HCI nasal decongestant per caplet.

Char says :

Is there any alcohol or alcohol related drugs in the Assured Multi-sympton NiteTime liquid capsules? As a recovering alcoholic, it is imperative that I have an anwser back as soon as possible as I am running out of optios for my cold fever cough and pain and really need some relief. thanks for any immediate response you can give me.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Char, most cold medicine does contain some form of alcohol derived ingredients as it is most commonly used as a decongestant. I would check with a Pharmacist to be sure, but the likelihood is that they do contain at least trace amounts of alcohol.

Former Alcoholic says :

Stop being a demanding cunt. “Imperative”? Your an alcoholic you weak minded bitch. Place the bottle down and get a real addictive habit. There are humans with real “diseases”. Corporations want to categorize alcoholism as a “disease” to monetize it does not make it a disease.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2612081230630831/k2311a0812/8.12.10