Chuck E. Chees Restaurant and Gaming Center  » Restaurants  »
9801 Gateway Blvd West El Paso, TX 79925
  • For my daughters 4th birthday I decided to try something new
  • When we walked into the restaurant and gaming center I was immediately impressed
  • When we got the pizza I thought it was a prank or a joke
  • As far as the games and entertainment, I enjoyed it
  • This would have been the perfect experience if the pizza would have tasted decent

• by adrean_j

For my daughters 4th birthday I decided to try something new. We always go to a local pizza place but my daughter wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese pizza. It is a pizza restaurant and arcade in one. The location we went to was one of two locations in El Paso, TX. The restaurant parking lot was clean and looked almost dead. The building was kind of bland, being just tan bricks, with a large sign with the name and a mouse. Chuck E is the mouse that is the mascot of Chuck E Cheese. When we walked into the restaurant and gaming center I was immediately impressed. When you walk in, they stamp the mother and the child with the exact same stamp. However they use different stamps on different families. When it is time to leave, they check that the parents stamp matches the child’s. This insures that no kids

can be kidnapped.

We were greeted by friendly staff both at the door and the order station. When I looked at the menu I was astonished at how high the prices were for pizza. I ended up spending 200 dollars and that was only for a few people. The large pizzas were twenty dollars a piece. The drinks were about two dollars. They also serve salads, wings and breadsticks that are ridiculously over priced. For this reason I didn’t order any. Once they take your order, you and sit anywhere you want. They give you a number to put on your table so the pizza can be delivered when ready. When we got the pizza I thought it was a prank or a joke. This pizza was thin and barely had any toppings on it. The slices were small and were more like an appetizer than a slice of pizza. The disappointment didn’t ...

• stop there. The pizza was way to saucy and it seemed that they focused on sauce more than toppings or cheese. I ended up suffering from heartburn because of it later on.

As far as the games and entertainment, I enjoyed it. They kind of made up for the prices of the food with very cheap games. We were able to play each and every game or ride in Chuck E Cheese for only a quarter. A quarter doesn’t get you very far nowadays so that is a really good deal. They even have this little picture machine where you can get pretty good quality pictures. The pictures were black and white, which made them look antique, but they are pretty detailed. They are printed on a regular sheet of paper with a red Chuck E Cheese border. I was happy that we could get these pictures for only a quarter and took

loads of them. I still have them hanging up in my home till this day. There are also a variety of arcade games along with Skeeball, virtual car and motorcycle driving, basketball and a lot more.

On the left hand side of the building there is a little pretend mouse band that plays and it is really entertaining for the kids. You can even get a personal meeting between your child and Chuck E if you get permission from the management. This place was fun for my whole family from young to old. It will cost a bit, but is worth playing the games. I would suggest eating before you go so that you won’t be very hungry. My daughter was very satisfied and had a complete blast. My husband turned into a kid again running around and playing games. This would have been the perfect experience if the pizza would have tasted decent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 712081230580831/k2311a0812/8.12.10