Assured Tussin DM Alcohol Free Cough Syrup  » Medicine  »
  • Compared to cough drops this medicine is better, but it is surely not the best out there
  • I think this medicine is good for the price

• by adrean_j

I was suffering from a terrible cough when I started to get over a cold that I had a few weeks ago. I didn’t want anything strong that would put me to sleep because I’d already went through that stage of my cold. I just wanted something to help suppress the cough because it was very harsh and loud. I was coughing so hard that my chest would hurt. I would even feel a burning sensation in it. I opted to stay away from cough drops because they never have worked for me. I this time saw a cough suppressant in liquid form. It was the Assured Tussin DM alcohol free cough syrup. The bottle was inexpensive costing

about a dollar. It is basically the same price as cough drops, but I figured it would be more potent. When I opened the bottle I was kind of shocked to find that there was no administering cup or spoon. I guess they figure that I should figure it out on my own. Which of course I can measure a tbsp or too, but almost all cough syrups come with a measuring cup.

I poured my dose and swallowed the medicine. There was nothing pleasing about the flavor. They didn’t even really try to make it taste good at all. It however was alcohol free, so it wasn’t as strong as other liquid medicines. The fluid was not very ...

• thick, but really quite watery. Even though the formula wasn’t thick it still left a filmy feeling on my tongue. I was able to easily get rid of that feeling by drinking a little water. It had a bit of an after taste, but nothing that will drive you crazy. After taking the medicine I did feel some results. My cough was more subtle and less painful. I still had the cough, which I was trying to get rid of. This made the medicine a little bit of a disappointment. The Assured Tussin cough syrup left my throat feeling a little less scratchy which is always a plus. I hate having that feeling because it makes drinking anything
        feel weird and unpleasant. Compared to cough drops this medicine is better, but it is surely not the best out there. Coughing throughout the day, I no longer had to brace myself or hold my chest because of all of the pain. So obviously it helps to break up some mucus in the chest.

I think this medicine is good for the price. I really couldn’t expect a miracle worked for only a dollar. I would have to take a dose about every 4 hours to keep the horrible feeling from coming back. Taking the medicine for two days helped ease the ending backlashes of my cold. I will surely purchase this product again in the future when battling a horrid cough.

Assured Tussin DM Alcohol Free Cough Syrup

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2612081230550831/k2311a0812/8.12.10