Matrix Curl Life Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • When they are at their best I love my curls and think that they are my best feature
  • I think that my biggest issue with this product is that it does nothing to protect against frizz and frays

• by webgirl40

Like many other young women I have thick, dry, naturally curly hair. Also like many young women will tell you its very hard to keep up with. Don’t misunderstand me this is not to say that I dont like my curls but rather that I wish that they were a bit easier to take care of. When they are at their best I love my curls and think that they are my best feature. However times where

they are at their best seem to be few and far between.

It was by recomendation of my stylist that I tried Matrix Curl Life Shampoo. It was a bit on the pricey side (about $10 for a 13oz bottle) but I figured that if it worked then it would be worth the price. Well I have to say that after I used it I had very mixed feelings about it.

First let me say that the one thing that I cannot debate was that it smelled good. It was very clean and an over all pleasent smell that lingered in the shower and stayed with my hair for awhile. It lathered very nicely and seemed to coat my hair very well. The conditioner was lovely and felt good on my scalp.

However my mixed feelings about it came after my hair had dried. While the product did seem to define the curls a bit ...

• Matrix Curl Life Shampoo
      better it did nothing to really moisturize or nourish them. To make matters worse the product was heavy for my hair and caused it to do limp and pretty lifeless. It weighed my hair down heavily and I felt like it was dirty.

I think that my biggest issue with this product is that it does nothing to protect against frizz and frays. Instead it seemed to enhance the issues that I already had with it. Not

even an hour after use it was already frizzing out and I had a great difficulty controlling it.

Overall its not a product to which I have used again. I don’t even think that I finished the bottle that I had. It was really not worht it to me. However results may be different for everyone.

Based on my experiences I will give it a 5 because it did smell good and the conditioner felt very nice on my scalp.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112081230050731/k2311a0812/8.12.10