Globe Broadband Internet Via Tattoo USB Kit  » Internet  »
1.5
  • So I thought that the SUPER SURF promo was a great deal, but I was painfully wrong
  • The day I bought the device, I wasn't able to use it at all
  • Two days and seven customer service representatives later I found out that this problem has to do with my location which is in Cubao near Araneta Center
  • My traumatic experience with this internet service did not end there

• by Sam Del Mar

The most unreliable service that I have experienced with Globe Telecom is with their Broadband Internet via a Tattoo USB Kit. I was enticed to purchase the Globe Tattoo USB kit to avail of the SUPER SURF promo through which you can have unlimited internet surfing for one day for only P50 or for 5 days for only P220. An hour of surfing at an internet cafe here in Manila is P15. So I thought that the SUPER SURF promo was a great deal, but I was painfully wrong.

The day I bought the device, I wasn’t able to use it at all. I wasted

one whole day just trying to register to SUPER SURF. Two days and seven customer service representatives later I found out that this problem has to do with my location which is in Cubao near Araneta Center. So I asked the CSR for an area in Metro Manila where there is no registration problem. I went to Shangri-La Mall in Shaw Boulevard and registered again to SUPER SURF using my cell phone. After a few seconds I received the confirmation text message that I was now registered to SUPER SURF.

My traumatic experience with this internet service did not end there. Two days later, I registered ...

• again for this service and easily got in, this time I was at home in Cubao. However after a couple of hours of surfing, I started getting automatically disconnected. I will try to reconnect only to get disconnected again after a few minutes. Even if I get reconnected, I couldn’t get any webpage to load and I couldn’t sign in to Yahoo Messenger! This continued until my one day “unlimited” surfing ended. This happens almost everyday. I’ve been using SUPER SURF for two months now and have only been able to enjoy undisrupted surfing for about seven or eight times.

What’s worst is that after the

third time, Globe will no longer grant any of my requests for a credit for those times when I wasn’t able to use the service due to their infamous “Service Unavailability”. CSRs will say that their technicians determined that I was able to “Successfully Register” for the service so that my credit request was denied. Yes, I was able to register. But being registered is evidently totally different from actually being able to use the service once you do get in.

I strongly discourage anyone who would like to use Globe’s broadband internet or buy a USB Tattoo kit. This is not worth your time and money.

ailene mae says :

i regestered yesterday supersrf 50, then after a few sec, i recieve a confirmation that i already registered one ulimeted surfing, after 3 hours used, i recieve glove advisory, they said Ur data subscription for today has reached 800mb. Ur remaining browsing hours will resume tomorrow subject to promo validity. U may opt to forfeit ur remaining subscription to browse for P5 15. so bad i got disconnected i just used only 3 hours instead of one day unlimted surfing, its two times happen, when i registered..supersurf .. i want it back in normal, one unlimtted surfing,. not just 3 hours and get dc.

Carmie Kane says :

Hi ailene mae,

Globe Telecom’s internet service is not as reliable as they presented themselves in most of their tv commercials. They also have 800 MB limit for every internet user who will register under their unlimited surfing prom such SUPERSURF50. In your case, if you feel that you have not consumed the 800 MB a day, you may opt to call them at 730-1000 and they also have twitter account ([at]talk2Globe).

• To Buy or Not to Buy
    • + to explore more. ;

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2112081229610731/k2311a0812/8.12.10