Pantene Pro-V Fine Style Spray Gel
  • I was like thanks and he was like no problem
  • This hair product works very well for that purpose I think
  • I would not recommend you spray your hair down with this hair gel spray if your hair is dry because it will dry it out more, make it hard to style, and very stiff and sticky

• by Soleil Robins

I just bought some Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Style Spray Gel to help add some volume to my hair and keep my style in place. The product worked okay, but not what I was expecting it too be like. However, it did smell really good and I got plenty of compliments on the way my hair smelled instead of looked.

So, I washed my hair like I usually do and towel dried it a bit so it was slightly damp. After I combed my hair out and sprayed some of the gel into my hair and worked it into the roots of my hair using my fingers ands my comb. The gel worked more like a hairspray than an actually hair gel I thought.

It was sticking and made my hair crunchy feeling like hairspray. Anyways, after I applied the gel to my roots and I blew dry my hair and after my hair was so unbelievably puffy and yes full of major volume. A little bit too much volume if you know what I mean. I tried brushing my hair out and still it was way too much volume. My hair looked like it was wind blown right up and my boyfriend was laughing and said I looked just like that cartoon character Dora the Explore. I was like thanks and he was like no problem. So after that little comment I placed my hair up into a clip and it seemed to look just fine, but ...

• if I was going to wear my hair down I wouldn’t use this at all because it would make my hair look so unnaturally bouncy.

However, the other day I had frizz so I sprayed a very tiny amount into my hair and the gel seemed to hold my frizz down and keep it down while keeping my hair in style. For that purpose it worked great. It also worked great the day I wanted to put my hair up in a ponytail and I had some pieces of hair that simply just didn’t want to stay up so I gelled them down with the spray and it held very well.

Now my male friend uses this hair spray gel lately too help spike his

hair and keep it in style. This hair product works very well for that purpose I think. His hair did look very nice. However, I did notice it start to flake a bit, but I didn’t tell him. We will see if he eventually notices. I however didn’t have that problem at all.

I would not recommend you spray your hair down with this hair gel spray if your hair is dry because it will dry it out more, make it hard to style, and very stiff and sticky. If you are going to use this hair care styling product it is best to use if when your hair is damp because it is more manageable that way. Otherwise I wouldn’t recommend using this hair care product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112081229590631/k2311a0812/8.12.10