Loratadine (Claritin) Rapid release tablets
  • Just this morning, I decided to take a different route into the grassy empty lot of our neighbourhood, it would take me half the time if I went through this path instead of taking the long way around the village
  • When I got home, that’s when I noticed something strange
  • Being drowsy was never a problem with this medication unlike the others

• by Carlisle

I like to jog in the morning. It’s my own way of relieving stress and anxiety also. Just this morning, I decided to take a different route into the grassy empty lot of our neighbourhood, it would take me half the time if I went through this path instead of taking the long way around the village. And so, I was enjoying the music on my iPod while jogging, I even stopped to smell some of the beautiful flowers along the way. When I got home, that’s when I noticed something strange. I felt my lips were a little puffy and my nose was itchy. My eyes were watery and red. I immediately washed my faced with running warm water in the faucet but when

I looked in the mirror, I was startled! My face was red all over and my lips were huge and disproportioned. I asked my mom to immediately take me to the hospital. I was then diagnosed with hay fever. The doctors then prescribed me with Loratadine (Claritin).

Loratadine (Claritin) is under the drug classification of Antihistamines. This drug is excellent in taking care of allergies like hay fever and also upper respiratory tract allergies. Claritin comes in syrups, tablets and rapid acting tablet. The one I was using was the Rapid release or rapid acting for fast and immediate relief from my symptoms. The box is blue in colour and clearly indicates what the drug is for. It also has a long and lasting action for ...

• 24 hours. When I popped a tablet, it appears to be round in shape, white in colour and has a 458 marking on one side and the brand name Claritin on the other with the dosage number under it. The 100’s pieces box of Claritin costs about $111 and the 200 tablet box is about $208. The price was recently reduced due to a law that was passed here in my country, that’s why it only costs me a dollar per tablet.

The tablet is tiny enough to swallow with little amount of water. It took about an hour and a half for me to feel the desired effect of the drug—a little longer than other medications of its class. But what I liked about

Claritin is its 24-hour relief from my allergies. I only had to take it once during the day and I would have the whole rest of the day free from my allergies. Being drowsy was never a problem with this medication unlike the others. So, I can have the liberty of driving with all my concentration without feeling sleepy on the wheel. During my prolonged use, I experienced a throbbing headache. Stopping the medication will immediately make it go away though. I also encountered a drying of mouth. I had to chew a gum for this. By the way, the explanation was thorough and understandable. Any drug-illiterate person can understand what is being said in the leaflet. It was clear and precise. I therefore, give Claritin a 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2612081229560631/k2311a0812/8.12.10