HP G60-235DX Laptop Computer  » Laptops  »
0.5
  • If you are looking for a good laptop that will last a long time, you may want to avoid this one
  • That faith has now been lost because of my HP laptop experience
  • The major problem happened when I was working from the computer and it suddenly and without warning shutdown completely
  • After trying everything that I could think of on my own, I decided to see what I could find out online
  • Read all the information on the internet about how many people with different HP laptop products have had the same or similar issue

• by Dawn Hawkins

The HP G63-235DX laptop computer was a nice computer when I first purchased it. It has all the features that I could have possibly wanted including a number pad. In fact, the number pad was the final factor in the decision to purchase this laptop. The laptop ran like a dream, for the most part for approximately 1 year and 1 month.

If you are looking for a good laptop that will last a long time, you may want to avoid this one. I have been a faithful HP computer purchaser. That faith has now been lost because of my

HP laptop experience. I work from home and fortunately have a desktop computer as well as the laptop. The firs thing that happened with the HP G63-235DX laptop computer is that a key fell off. Granted, I do use the computer a lot and key loss isn’t unusual for a laptop. I replaced the key, however, it was never quite right after that. It became very difficult to use that particular key on the keyboard.

The major problem happened when I was working from the computer and it suddenly and without warning shutdown completely. I didn’t panic at first. I checked all of the plugs to make sure it was plugged in and then tried to restart it. The Hewlett Packard laptop would not respond at all. After trying everything that I could think of on my own, I decided to see what I could find out online. It turned out that HP laptops of all sorts have this same problem. I followed the instructions to hard reset the laptop. It didn’t work for mine. I also tried the many other things that everyone suggested, again with no luck.

I then decided to call tech support. Surely they would help me ...

• HP G60-235DX Laptop Computer
      since the problem started just shy of the 1 year guarantee. I went through the ritual waiting and answering of ten thousand questions before I was promptly told by someone that I could barely understand that I had to pay a hundred dollars in order for them to answer my one quick question. I hung up vowing to never purchase another HP product again. In short, I will never purchase a HP laptop of any sort again. I have never had a problem with the desktop models, but this laptop experience has proven to me that this isn’t Hewlett Packards
      area of strength.

I was disappointed in several areas of this laptop computer. The main issue is that after only a little over 1 year, the laptop is completely useless to me and I will have to purchase another if and when I can afford to do so. I could try to get the laptop repaired, but that can sometimes cost as much as it would to purchase an entirely new computer. I would not recommend any HP Laptop for anyone. Read all the information on the internet about how many people with different HP laptop products have had the same or similar issue.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6312081229490631/k2311a0812/8.12.10