Tesco Extra Care Tongue Cleaner  » Health  »
  • Now I have used this and I have seen the kind of gunk it has removed from my tongue, I think of all those years before that I went around with a dirty tongue
  • If you want really fresh breath I would definitely recommend you buy this and you will never look back
  • I believe that the body will expel toxins out of the tongue and that is why smoker’s like me can have tongues that are off colour and that is why our tongues look bad when we have been out drinking the night before or when we are ill
  • I must also say that whenever I have been talking to someone and they laugh with their mouths open, if I notice that their tongue is a bit yellow and furry I find it really offputting
  • The first time I tried this I had just brushed my teeth and I thought that I would not get much of a result, but I was disgusted to see that, especially from the very back of my tongue which is hard to reach, the rungs of the loop had collected some of that nasty, plaque-like gunk

• by jeanne71

I had never bothered to buy a tongue cleaner before but I picked up this ‘Extra Care Tongue Cleaner’ from Tesco as an afterthought when I was buying my toothpaste. It was cheap enough at only one pound something. Now I have used this and I have seen the kind of gunk it has removed from my tongue, I think of all those years before that I went around with a dirty tongue! This is a really effective little implement that has made my mouth feel fresher and much cleaner. If you want really fresh breath I would definitely recommend you buy this and you will never look back.

I will discuss dirty tongues before moving on. I always used to give my tongue a few swipes with the toothbrush when I was cleaning my

teeth as, particularly because I am a smoker, I did notice that my tongue would sometimes look a bit furry in the morning which is obviously going to give me bad breath and is not a good look. I believe that the body will expel toxins out of the tongue and that is why smoker’s like me can have tongues that are off colour and that is why our tongues look bad when we have been out drinking the night before or when we are ill. I must also say that whenever I have been talking to someone and they laugh with their mouths open, if I notice that their tongue is a bit yellow and furry I find it really offputting. It put me off Colin Farrell when I saw a picture of him in ...

• Heat magazine with a yellow tongue and we all know why he has one!

This tongue cleaner is made of blue plastic and is shaped a bit like a fish, as though a rod of plastic has been bent into a u-shape so that the two ends touch and then they curl out, like a fish tail. The u-shape loop actually has three rungs on it and it is about the size of the average tongue. What you are supposed to do is insert the loop end as far back into your mouth as you can without gagging, press down gently on your tongue and drag it back, along the length of your tongue.

I was disgusted to see that, especially from the very back of my tongue which is hard to reach, the rungs of the loop had collected some of that nasty, plaque-like gunk. After use I rinse the gunk away under the tap. I think I can reach further back with this implement than I could with my toothbrush and so far it has not made me gag.

As a result of using this every morning, my mouth does feel more fresh and clean and this is clearly a very effective and simple tool that compliments my dental and oral care routine wonderfully. You will have a much pinker tongue after using this and as the gunk that attracts the bacteria that can cause dental problems such as gum disease and abcesses is greatly reduced. I recommend you buy one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411081229280531/k2311a0811/8.11.10