Raveen No Lye Cream Hair Relaxer
  • I have to take special care of it in order to avoid irritation
  • My hair was flowing and I enjoyed how I looked tremendously
  • I think Raveen No Lye cream relaxer is a great product

• by adrean_j

My hair has always been super kinky and curly. Besides dealing with that, I have a really sensitive and dry scalp. I have to take special care of it in order to avoid irritation. I’d had plenty of bad run ins with relaxers and was in search for something that would be sensitive but still straighten my hair appropriately. I had a friend of mine that suggested Raveen. I couldn’t find it in regular stores or Wal-Mart where I get my relaxers usually. I then had to go to the Sally’s beauty supply store to get this relaxer. It was available in both Super and regular. I purchased the regular because my friend told me

that it would be all I needed. I opened up the box to mix the cream and the activator. As I mixed it, I could smell it and it seemed to be strong. I became skeptical to put the relaxer in my head at this point. I also had a hard time getting the cream to break down because it was so thick. I had to word the mixture for about 10 minutes, because I had to be absolutely sure that it was mixed properly.

I applied the relaxer to my hair. It had the perfect consistency as I rubbed it into my new growth. The relaxer itself was actually mild. I used my bare hands

to work it in and didn’t have to use the gloves. As I applied the relaxer I did feel a little tingle, but it was nothing serious. The box suggested I let it set in my head for about 20 minutes because I have coarse hair. I wanted to leave it in longer because I am used to getting super strength relaxers. After about 15 minutes it started to get really hot. I had to wash it out early because I’d rather my hair be a little kinky than completely burned out. I washed my hair with the shampoo that smelled like a fruity adventure. It was so delightful to the nose, that I wanted to ...

• Raveen No Lye Cream Hair Relaxer
      use it over and over again. As I washed my hair the shampoo easily cut through the relaxer cream. I was able to wash all of it out without feeling any burning. My hair felt moisturized and straight when I was done washing it out.

I was surprised at how straight my hair got from a regular strength relaxer. I could comb through it with ease, not bumping into one kink. I didn’t know how well the relaxer did my hair until I blow dried it. When my hair was dry it was shiny, straight and full of life. My hair was flowing and I enjoyed how I looked tremendously. My scalp wasn’t as dry as

it usually is and it didn’t have any flakes in it. I still had to use a little bit of moisturizing lotion, but I didn’t have to use hair grease as I always do. My hair was in such good shape that I didn’t even have to use a hot comb or flat iron after. My hair is so thick that I have to follow up every relaxer with heat. I think Raveen No Lye cream relaxer is a great product. It is potent and there is not even a need for a super strength relaxer. I don’t use this relaxer all the time, but it is my second choice of all the Relaxers on the market.

Valerie Woody says :

re : I think Raveen No Lye cream relaxer is a great product
its the best I have ever used

tammu says :

I used this product for years my hair grew tremendously. I cant find it anymore

Pamela Kipe says :

I’m sure you can get it online

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111081229130431/k2311a0811/8.11.10