Pine Glo Multipurpose Cleaner  » Housewares  »
2.2
  • I enjoy the cleaning power and scent of Pine Sol, however I really don’t enjoy the price
  • It wasn’t as strong and fragrant as I think it should have been
  • I was turned off by the whole experience and decided to give up use on the cleaner
  • I mean I know a mop isn’t the freshest item in the house, but I never experienced this odor before
  • I would have been a little impressed if it left a shine, but the floor was dull

• by adrean_j

I enjoy the cleaning power and scent of Pine Sol, however I really don’t enjoy the price. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Pine Sol and ran into one a couple of weeks ago. I purchased the Pine Glo multipurpose cleaner and had high hopes for it. My first order of business was to mop my floors with the Pine Glo. I diluted the Pine Glo in a bucket of water and immediately knew it wouldn’t be as good as the actual Pine Sol. The cleaner had a different type of pine smell. It wasn’t as strong and fragrant as I think it should have been. It actually smelled kind of generic and fake. There wasn’t much pleasant about it, but it was okay. I mopped over

the floor to notice that I had to scrub harder than usual. This Pine Glo was not cutting through the dirt like it should. I had to use twice as much effort than I usually do.

To top it off, the little bit of pine scent that I did get, disappeared within minutes. I was turned off by the whole experience and decided to give up use on the cleaner. After a few minutes I started to feel an itching sensation in my hands. They were then turning red. I washed them thoroughly but they seemed to still have irritation throughout the day. My hands were also dry and started to turn white after a while. I had to moisturize multiple times throughout the day in order to soothe ...

• the dryness and irritation. I’d never had such a bad reaction from a multipurpose cleaner. I was seeing that it was more hassle than it was worth. The next day when I got my mop out to mop the floor it smelled so rancid. I mean I know a mop isn’t the freshest item in the house, but I never experienced this odor before. It reminded me of throw up on a really serious way. I tried to wash it out with dish soap and water and the smell just wouldn’t go away. I then had to use bleach for the smell to finally come out of my mop. It was the weirdest thing.

The Pine Glo multipurpose cleaner in no way compares to Pine Sol. It

smells horrible, nothing like pine. It is doesn’t cut through grease or grime and it is not very mild to the skin. I really believe this cleaner has no purpose at all. I would have been a little impressed if it left a shine, but the floor was dull. Also the cleaner is so weak that you have to use a quarter of the bottle when diluting it. With Pine Sol, you only need a few capfuls to get a perfect dilution. I urge everyone to stay away from this product. It won’t get anything clean or deodorized. It is only a dollar, but that dollar could be well spent toward a reliable multipurpose cleaner. Anyone who does decide to use this cleaner should use gloves to protect their hands.

Jane Harris says :

Pine Glo is not similar to Pine cleaners. It is the same thing as Benzarid (see amazon). It is not an all purpose cleaner, but a cleaner to kill mold, fungus, bacteria, viruses, mites. It is meant to be used on non porous surfaces and not diluted. Always wear gloves and avoid breathing.

quick note by anonymous :

I agree it’s crap, I used the rest of the bottle to deodorize my camper’s toilet tank, which did a fair job.

heidi says :

Read the directions on the bottle it says do not dilute also it does not say compared to pine sol It is its own cleaner also it tested and Its a proven antibactetial to disenfect if you know how to follow Direction’s please people read the label thoroughly

dj says :

Yes, I read the directions and it does NOT say to DILUTE. It is handy for quick wipe downs in the shower, kitchen, and floors because there is no
    need to dilute.

So, perhaps this would be a good science fair project/experiment to test for bacterial growth when comparing with the diluted solution of PINE SOL vs Pine Glo…..just a thought for now. I will run it by my school principal first.

AudraNicole Munguia says :

I didn t even read that it says not to dilute with water LOL Yeah the smell is not so pleasant compared to the actual Pine-Sol but overall it is still a great product to me I think it does the same amount of work that Pine-Sol does at least on the walls I haven t tried it out on the floors I honestly had a bad scabies outbreak And putting Pine-Sol on my skin would help kill the outside mites, however I was on a budget before eradicating the damn things and tried this product out instead and I absolutely loved that I did because for the price you can t beat it. Plus it aided in getting rid of those pests.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311081229100431/k2311a0811/8.11.10