LA’s Totally Awesome Carpet Spot and Stain Remover  » Housewares  »
1.0
  • That is when I decided to purchase a carpet cleaner to try to remove the stain
  • As I was spraying I noticed the spot remover was kind of watery and seemed to have no concentration to it

• by adrean_j

I have two small children that just can’t help but make messes. My daughter is 4 and my son is 8 months. They are both very busy and mess always seem to follow them wherever they go. I really have had problems with food stains on my carpet. I would try to wash the stains with soap and water and was getting nowhere. That is when I decided to purchase a carpet cleaner to try to remove the stain. I didn’t want to spend a fortune on a cleaner and purchased a cleaner from a local dollar store. It was the LA’s Totally Awesome carpet spot and stain remover. I wasn’t sure as to how it would work, but was hopeful. The bottle was a regular spray bottle, the same kind used for multipurpose cleaner.

The bottle was red, which seems to be the theme color for carpet stain removers.

When I got home, I was anxious to get started on this juice stain that was on the carpet. I sprayed and sprayed. It didn’t seem that there was enough fluid coming out per spray. I swear I had to spray it like 20 times to get the area saturated. As I was spraying I noticed the spot remover was kind of watery and seemed to have no concentration to it. I mean it looked exactly like I was spraying a bottle of water. The only way I could tell it wasn’t water because of the scent. It wasn’t strong, but it did have a distinctive chemical smell to let me know there was some cleaner in the bottle. I ...

• let it sit in the stain and then scrubbed with a wet cloth as the directions instructed. After scrubbing for about ten minutes, I realized this stain remover just was not working. I decided to go a second round and spray some more. Second round was just as much of a disappointment as the first. It was just not cleaning the stain.

I then figured that it may be because the color of the stain was originally red. I decided to move on to another stain to see if it worked any better. I then sprayed a brown stain that was on the carpet. I didn’t really know what it was from, but I assumed it was from some sort of mud. I sprayed a little bit more this time, to get it really saturated.

This time when I scrubbed it did lighten the stain but didn’t remove it completely as it should. The La’s Totally Awesome Carpet spot and stain remover is not really worth trying. It will be a waste of a dollar. I tried scrubbing the same spot again and it wouldn’t lighten up any more than it had. I would say it took it down to a lighter shade of brown, but that is not what I wanted. I wanted the stain to be removed at least 90 percent, but I couldn’t even get that. I since then have bought another carpet spot and stain remover that removed both stains. This lets me know that it wasn’t that the stains were stubborn, but that the spray didn’t work. Stay away from the LA’s Totally Awesome carpet spot and stain remover.

LA's Totally Awesome Carpet Spot and Stain Remover

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311081229080431/k2311a0811/8.11.10