Dr. Miracles No Lye Hair Relaxer
  • Although this relaxer doesn’t smell too strong, it definitely is a strong relaxer
  • I don’t think it is worth the cost, because I could easily by Optimum for a couple dollars less and feel less burning and pain

• by adrean_j

I was looking for a mild relaxer that wouldn’t eat up my scalp and damage it. Plus my hair is thick so I needed something strong to really get the kinks and curls out of my hair. My husband kept suggesting Dr. Miracles, because he was completely brainwashed by the commercial. I didn’t’ really want to try it because it was the most expensive relaxer on the shelf. Somehow he convinced me to get it. I was hoping that it would be great, considering it has the word Doctor on the package. When I opened up the package it seemed to be the basic relaxer kit. I started to mix the activator into the cream. It mixed well and the cream broke down a little bit easier than

with other brands. I was able to get it mixed within just few minutes. I wasn’t smelling any fumes at this time, and took it as a good sign. The odor was mild and barely there, which made me grow more confidence in the relaxer.

My husband applied the relaxer for me and it started to burn when he was only half done. This is not good, because now I have to apply the other half while one half is on fire. I couldn’t go around looking crazy with one half of my hair straight and the other half an afro. By the time my whole head was done, both sides were blazing. I couldn’t let it set at all and had to wash it out immediately ...

• upon use. I washed my hair and the shampoo was very soothing. As soon as I poured it into my head I started to feel some relief from the burning. I was able to get all of the relaxer out only washing my hair 2 times. I usually have to wash it 3 times. I even had a little of the shampoo left over. I really liked that part of it because it was creamy and produced so many suds. After my hair was washed, I combed through it. Shockingly my hair was straight as straight can get. I couldn’t believe how straight my hair got after rushing to wash the relaxer out. This is definitely some potent stuff.

The bad thing is that my hair was really

dry afterwards, even using the moisturizer they included. My scalp was also dry and was red. I even felt a few scabs in the back, which is never a good thing. I only used this relaxer one time. It does give great results, but not worth all of the trouble and irritation. I had to use quite a bit of hair lotion and hair grease just to bring some moisture back into my hair. Although this relaxer doesn’t smell too strong, it definitely is a strong relaxer. I don’t think it is worth the cost, because I could easily by Optimum for a couple dollars less and feel less burning and pain. I don’t think Dr. Miracles should be used on people that are tender headed or have sensitive scalps.

Sharon says :

Can I use Dr. Miracle Thermalceutical Intensive No- Lye Relaxer that I mixed 1 month ago without having any hair breakage, loss, etc?

adrean_j replies :

You should definitely not use any relaxer that has been sitting already mixed. Whenever you mix it, you should use it right away.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111081229060431/k2311a0811/8.11.10