Crest Spinbrush Toothbrush  » Health  »
  • She loves how it works and wanted to share the experience with me
  • When I first got the toothbrush I noticed how heavy it was, and that it was just too much weight for tooth brushing
  • All in all I think this toothbrush is not for me, but some people may like it

• by adrean_j

I didn’t really want to buy into the hype of the electric toothbrush. I have had no problems with my manual toothbrush and feel that it is sufficient. However, this past Christmas my mom gave me a Crest Spinbrush as a gift. She loves how it works and wanted to share the experience with me. She even bought my little girl a Dora the explorer one. It took me a while to actually give in and use it. When I first got the toothbrush I noticed how heavy it was, and that it was just too much weight for tooth brushing. It didn’t weigh a ton or anything but it is like 5 times as heavy as a regular toothbrush. The base was a bit to wrap my hands around because

it was much larger than any toothbrush I’d ever used. Since it was already equipped with batteries I eventually decided to use it. When I turned the power on, the brush started moving in a pretty vigorous motion. It is best to put the toothpaste on the brush before powering it on. Trying to do it afterwards can be a real nuisance.

Using the brush to brush my teeth, it had sort of a massaging feeling to it. It worked my teeth and gums. I didn’t feel any pain or discomfort. However, it could take some time to get used to a vibrating toothbrush. The Crest Spinbrush is not really good for those people with sensitive gums. I used it and it made my gums bleed each and every time.

• I already had a problem with my gums being sensitive, but this seemed to make it 2 times worse. It did get my teeth very clean, but only when I concentrated on one area for long periods of time. It was like I still had to brush even though the brush was brushing. If I just moved the brush across my teeth lightly, I could still see plaque on it after I was done. I had to manually push and brush which completely defeats the purpose of an electric toothbrush in the first place.

The Crest Spinbrush does seem to last for a long time. My daughter and husband still use there’s. I chose to go the good old fashioned way. They are safe to use and are can be completely

submerged in water. There is a compartment where you have to place the batteries, but it closes tightly. It’s not one of those caps that will fall off when you drop the brush. It seemed to stay on no matter what. This lets me no that I don’t ever have to worry about water getting into to electrical portion of the toothbrush. This toothbrush only uses a little bit of power, because my daughter and husband have been using the same batteries since they received the toothbrush. It also seems that it is hard to get all of the toothpaste out of the bottom of the bristles because the base would always be a crusty white color. All in all I think this toothbrush is not for me, but some people may like it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411081229040431/k2311a0811/8.11.10