Ellefar Neo Color Cheek B: Rose from Daiso  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love to shop for itsy-bitsy products from Daiso
  • I thought I might as well take a look at some of the products and see for myself what the clamour was about
  • When I picked up some of the items I noticed that they had actually made some improvements
  • Encouraged by this I decided to look further
  • I am totally impressed with this product I can use it on my cheeks, forehead, chin or wherever that I want to highlight without looking like I have applied anything

• by true_value

I love to shop for itsy-bitsy products from Daiso. It is the S$2.00 Japanese retail shop located at many shopping malls here in Singapore. Although I have many times seen skin care and cosmetic products at these stores I never really bothered to try them simply because the labels were always in Japanese and so were the descriptions and instructions.

Recently when I was in one of the Daisy stores at the Singapura Plaza at Dhobi Ghaut I wandered into the cosmetics aisle which was quite packed with young girls. I thought I might as well take a look at some of the products and see for myself what the clamour was about.

There were piles of foundations in cute little cases, nail polishes, face primers, beauty tools etc., all for the unbelievable price of S$2.00 per item. When I picked up some of the items I noticed that they had actually made some improvements. There were English descriptions and ingredients listings on all the products. While they

were not as elaborate as the Japanese descriptions on the package they were quite adequate to give an idea about what the products were about and what were they meant for. Encouraged by this I decided to look further. I remembered that I needed a blusher and when I noticed the Ellefar Neo Color Cheek B Rose Blusher and Highlighter kit I thought of going for it.

The packaging was extremely cute and was packed on a card underneath a moulded plastic cover. The instruction at the back of the card read “Please take the cheek rouge with the brush and then paint it on your cheek. Attention of the use: If something happen the trouble on your skin using them, please stop use them” I couldn’t help but smile. Japanese have their way with English but nevertheless it got the message across.

I did not have much expectation from it. There are products costing more than S$15.00 that have disappointed me so even if this one failed ...

• me I wouldn’t be as heartbroken as it only cost S$2.00.

At home I opened the pack and took the case out. The casing looked thick and bulky and I wondered if it had so much of product inside. It had a white base and a clear cover. Inside were the rose blusher on one side and the pearly white highlighter on the other. I did not think that there was anything else to the package but while trying to open, I accidently lifted the blusher compartment and was pleasantly surprised to see that below was a handy brush with a good amount of bristles and a decent sized mirror I was in awe really. For S$2.00 who would have expected?

Now coming to the blusher and highlighter, the rosy blush was extremely sheer but beautiful. It had gold shimmer that blends into skin like crème and gives the most natural glow to my face. The white highlighter is more pigmented and when applied on the cheeks and brow

bone as highlight it give such a pretty shine it looks extremely natural and dewy. The powder is very long lasting and does not wear off fast but at the same time removes easily with my facial cleanser.

I am totally impressed with this product I can use it on my cheeks, forehead, chin or wherever that I want to highlight without looking like I have applied anything. The miniscule shimmer in the product is so small that when applied it does not look like shimmer it looks like a liquid gloss.

The powder is very finely milled and hardly detectable it just melts into skin like liquid silk. The product does not contain Mineral oil which is a great plus for my oily and sensitive skin. I had no adverse reactions or breakouts from it.

Although it is not the regular blusher that adds deep color, I find this really unique and actually love it and can’t wait to try other cosmetics from Daiso. I highly recommend this awesome product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110081228881231/k2311a0810/8.10.10