Taco Bell Cantina Tacos - Carnitas  » Food  »
2.0
  • For a meal including three tacos, it will cost about $6, and the tacos are a little over $2 each
  • They recommend squeezing the included lime wedge over the tacos for the best flavor
  • When I got to the meat, I found it somewhat flavorful though the texture was off-putting

• by blunderkind

Taco Bell recently announced their Cantina tacos, which come in two soft corn tortillas doubled up, with cilantro and onions as well as a lime wedge. There are three meat choices available, including carnitas (marinated pork), steak, and chicken. For a meal including three tacos, it will cost about $6, and the tacos are a little over $2 each.

The carnitas tacos promise deliciously marinated pork seasoned with cilantro and onion and neatly rolled into the two tortillas.

They recommend squeezing the included lime wedge over the tacos for the best flavor. My carnitas taco came wrapped in foil, with the lime piece stuck between layers, and when I opened it up, the taco fell open before me. Visually, it was not very appealing. The pork was slimy and gray, the seasoning marinade a thick, gravy-like substance that looked like liquefied lard. There was a lot of cilantro, and while that at ...

• least looked fresh, it overwhelmed the meat, topped with finely diced onion pieces throughout.

I squeezed the lime wedge onto the taco and rolled it back up, noting that the corn tortillas were already torn and sagged badly in the middle despite the double layer. My first few bites were mostly plain tortilla, which was bland and chewy. When I got to the meat, I found it somewhat flavorful though the texture was off-putting. The meat tasted

just as slimy as it looked, and within two or three bites I was already tired of the cilantro. It was a chore to finish this taco, watching the slippery pork plop out of the other end as I ate.

The carnitas filled Cantina tacos are not worth the two dollars or the effort. I would recommend some of Taco Bell’s better menu items, like the steak taquito or cheesy gordita crunch. These new tacos just aren’t worthwhile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710081228631231/k2311a0810/8.10.10