Tahiti and Pearls Jewelry  » Jewelry  »
33, Rue Getry, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
  • I never had pearls among my jewelry primarily because I prefer stones
  • She can also repair pieces of jewelry and I believe I might be going back to have some repaired
  • For me, this is not a problem (saves me paper and packaging waste) but I suppose if you want to buy something here to give as a gift, then you have to find a small velvet box or pouch to make the presentation better
  • The location is convenient, service is quick without being too pushy, there are plenty of choices, the quality is good and the prices are within my budget

• by bethbarl

I never had pearls among my jewelry primarily because I prefer stones. It always seemed to me that pearls are not stones. However, I always like seeing pearls on other people’s ears, hands or neck. I was visiting the Grand Place in Brussels last weekend when I saw several pairs of pearl at the Tahiti and Pearls Jewelry shop.

The Asian lady who owns the shop makes the jewelry herself. She can also repair pieces of jewelry and I believe I might be going back to have some repaired. You can ask for specific settings that

you want to save time but otherwise browsing is okay too. The shop although small is well stocked and she only sells pearls. She showed me several pairs of both cultured and natural pearls.

Most of the earrings are set using fish hooks or earwires which I am not fond of as they are not very secure. I told the lady that I would like a pair of decent sized (10-12 mm) pearl leverbacks which are affordable. She showed me several pairs which fit my needs. It did not take me that long to find ...

• something that I would like to purchase. Most payment methods are accepted and in a matter of 20 minutes, I was out of the shop armed with my first ever pair of pearls.

One drawback that I see of this shop is that there is no certification given. I just have the owner’s words that the pair I purchased indeed consisted of cultured pearls. The purchase is also just put in a tiny plastic bag. For me, this is not a problem (saves me paper and packaging waste) but I suppose if you

want to buy something here to give as a gift, then you have to find a small velvet box or pouch to make the presentation better.

Otherwise, this is a good shop to buy pearls at affordable prices (I got mine for €28 which would have gone for €50, regular price) in Brussels. The location is convenient, service is quick without being too pushy, there are plenty of choices, the quality is good and the prices are within my budget. I would not mind going back to this shop to get one of those natural Tahiti pearls.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4510081228591231/k2311a0810/8.10.10