Maryse Hoffmann Bijouterie  » Jewelry  »
11A, Avenue de la Porte-Neuve L-2227 Luxembourg
  • However, I might have to wait a very long time as it is not exactly cheap to make something here (the jewelry cost my husband about € 629)

• by bethbarl

I had a single stone of Tanzanite (from Swala Gem Traders in Tanzania) which my husband gave as a present 2 years ago. I finally decided to have it set into a ring since he offered anyway to pay for it. I had it made some months back.

I chose to go to Maryse Hoffmann Bijouterie (tel. 47 18 73) in Luxembourg city because I am less intimidated by this jewelry shop. Other jewelry shops in the area are big, posh and filled with sales clerks already bombarding you with questions once you enter their shop.

This one is pretty small in size. There are just 2 people over there - the owner and her assistant. Both are quite friendly and accommodating. They even helped me in coming up with possible settings for the ring. I wanted a simple one because I also know that the final price will go up. This Bijouterie only makes jewelry set in 18K (white or yellow) gold. Actually, most of the shops here typically sell and set jewelries using 18K gold. It is not easy to find gold below 18K which also explains why the ...

• prices are so expensive.

The shop usually sends the stone or the ring to the workshop. I did not need to make a payment deposit as a guarantee (they said they have my stone anyway) but I chose to because it would help me plan my finances better.

Typically, made to order rings or jewelry takes about 2 weeks, depending on the season (Christmas for example is a busy week, so it is best to order in advance). They call you as soon as your order is ready. My ring was done in less than two

and I am pleased with the ring the shop had made for me. The craftsmanship is very good which a stone such as mine deserves. The price was a bit expensive but it is also because gold prices are quite high these days.

I might go back to this jewelry shop to have another ring set. I am satisfied with the service and the quality of the jewelry work. However, I might have to wait a very long time as it is not exactly cheap to make something here (the jewelry cost my husband about € 629).

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4510081228571231/k2311a0810/8.10.10