Tefal Vitesses Kettle BF61
  • I bought another one two weeks ago because my husband simply could not function without his cups of herbal tea each day
  • Boiling water in a sauce pan is not exactly the most convenient thing to do each day so I got another kettle to be used in this house

• by bethbarl

I do not have a water kettle in this house because I sold the small one I had. I still have another water kettle which happens to be a Tefal Vitesse but it is in the removal container. I bought another one two weeks ago because my husband simply could not function without his cups of herbal tea each day. Boiling water in a sauce pan is not exactly the most convenient thing to do each day so I got another kettle to be used in this house.

I am quite happy with my Tefal Vitesse but when I went to the electronics shop, I debated between getting the same model or choosing one which has added functions. The same model is still available (Vitesse) but

the one I selected (Vitesses) has other functions as well.

Tefal Vitesses (notice the s at the end of the word which in French stands for speed – the Vitesse model has only one speed) is a better and upgraded version. At price point, this is more expensive (€ 44,75) while the usual Vitesse is only € 34,75. The €10 difference is because of the temperature switch which enables you to boil water at different speeds. The first speed is for water which you can drink immediately, the middle switch for regular boiling and the third speed for medium boiled water.

Frankly, I tested and timed the speed at which it boils water and at three different settings, they reached boiling point at the same time. I don’t ...

• think that there is any difference at all which makes me think that spending that extra €10 in not worth it at all.

There is also a filter at the end of the spout. As such, it is recommended that the kettle be filled using the spout rather than opening the lid to put water in it. This can be a tricky way to put water but the mesh prevents particles from getting into anyone’s cup of boiled water and helps in filtering the water. It is not meant though to help in descaling the machine which should be done from time to time depending on the hardness of water in your area.

Otherwise, this is a practical kettle for me as it boils water rather quickly, switches

off automatically and is easy to clean. The spout is large enough to make pouring easy without spilling its contents. I find its design nice enough to put in my kitchen counter and since it is not a big kettle (1 liter capacity, enough for my family’s needs) it does not occupy a lot of space (which I do not have in my kitchen). The mesh is an added bonus.

As an after thought, I wouldn’t have bought it though for the temperature switch but for its ease of use, automatic switch off and good performance in boiling water. To my mind, Tefal Vitesses and Tefal Vitesse perform exactly the same. I would not advise anyone to shell out that extra €10 for a temperature switch which hardly makes a difference.

Mithlesh Kumar says :

Dear Sir,
    we have Tefal Vitesses BF61 which we are using in our hotel , we are facing some spares parts like knob got broken and some of Filter Spout is also missing , so kindly advice us ,Is it possible that we can get the mention spares.

Mithlesh Kumar
    EHK
    Wyndham Grand Agra,
    U.P.
    India

Jules Li says :

Mithlesh, when seeking replacement parts it’s always a good idea to contact the manufacturer because they usually have them. In this case it’s Tefal. You should contact them at (800) 234-0604.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1610081228521131/k2311a0810/8.10.10