Clinique Liquid Facial Soap  » Cosmetics  »
  • She kept touting all the wonderful benefits of the Clinique cleanser that when I finally ran out of my trusty Aveeno cleanser, I decided to try Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap myself
  • I headed out to Rustan's to get a 200ml bottle of Clinique and I found out that it was available in three formulation
  • At first, I thought the price of this product was a bit steep but compared to the other brands beside it (Lancome, Clarins and Estee Lauder, among others), its price is not so bad
  • One other thing I like about this cleanser though is its bottle

• by ascendant

My friend and I usually compare notes on what cleansers work best for us and she mentioned to me that she likes Clinique Liquid Facial Soap and even swore by the Clinique 3-step skincare regimen. She kept touting all the wonderful benefits of the Clinique cleanser that when I finally ran out of my trusty Aveeno cleanser, I decided to try Clinique’s Liquid Facial Soap myself. I headed out to Rustan’s to get a 200ml bottle of Clinique and I found out that it was available in three formulation: extra-mild, mild and oily. At first, I thought the price of this product was a bit steep but compared to the other brands beside it (Lancome, Clarins and Estee Lauder, among others), its price is not so bad. In any event, I had chosen the mild formulation which is made especially for normal to combination

skin. The cleanser did not come in a box which is such a shame because I really appreciate a product more when it comes in a nice packaging. Just the same, I tried the cleanser as soon as I got home.

The product does not lather as much compared to my usual Aveeno foaming cleanser. However, my face felt clean and invogorated after I used it and the formula is mild enough that I did not feel any stinging sensation during and after I used the product. Clinique’s Liquid Facial Soap rinsed easily and I was left with softer skin after I patted my face dry. I felt no tightness in my skin. The liquid soap is gentle and effective and it only takes very little (only a pea-size amount) to wash my entire face and neck area. With my twice a day daily ...

• consumption, my estimate is that the 200ml bottle will last me two and a half months.

What I did not like however is the scent of this soap. It is supposed to be fragrance free but there is a very detectable fragrance to it that does not smell good. The fragrance is a cross between something herbal and something medicinal. It takes a lot of getting used especially since my previous facial cleanser smelled so good. Also, I find that it is not as effective in removing waterproof makeup as I found that I have to wash my face several times with this cleanser or else use a makeup remover before hand.

One other thing I like about this cleanser though is its bottle. The green plastic bottle is attractive by itself and sturdy enough that I can throw it inside my bag when I

want to bring it on travels. The bottle also comes with a twist-to-lock dispenser which makes it handy to pack on trips. The dispenser is also useful to ensure that no product is wasted as one pump is enough to give me just enough product to use for one washing. I also like that its green bottle is see-through so that I will know exactly how much product I have left.

Overall, this is a great basic cleanser for normal to combination skin. It is also, relatively speaking, the most inexpensive cleanser of the department store brands. I am still on the fence as to whether I will buy it again since I have only been using this product for a couple of days. Plus, I am still not used to the smell so I am taking a point off from giving this cleanser an otherwise excellent rating.

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110081228431131/k2311a0810/8.10.10