LA Looks Mega Hold Hair Gel  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I think there is nothing worse than strands of hair sticking up and flying around everywhere
  • This gel had become more of a problem than a help at this point
  • It was a horrible experience that I don’t want anyone to have to go through
  • I just want everyone to know that this is the worse gel I’ve ever used sensitivity wise, and it was the best gel I’ve used hold wise

• by adrean_j

I’ve always been super serious about my edges lying down neatly. I think there is nothing worse than strands of hair sticking up and flying around everywhere. Whenever I pull my hair back into any style I need it to look smooth and clean. One of the many gels that I’ve used was LA Looks mega hold hair gel. It kind of called out to me in the store because it was a bright blue color. Plus the container was pretty large and I figured it could last me for a long time. I didn’t have a chance to actually use the gel until the next day. I wanted to pull my hair up into the perfect bun. As I poured the gel into my hands, I could smell a slight alcohol smell. It wasn’t overwhelming, because it

seemed to be masked. The gel was decently textured in my hand. It didn’t just slide around like some of the more watery gels. Rubbing it in my fingers, I could kind of feel a stickiness to it.

I applied the gel to my hair and it really did work wonders. All of my hair was lying down perfectly and I felt great. I didn’t even really have to use a brush. With only my fingers I was able to style and set my hair. My hair also had a shine when I was done using the LA Looks mega hold hair gel. After I was done, my hands were sticky and heavy. I had to wash them thoroughly for about 5 minutes to get all of the sticky gooey, nasty feeling out of my hands. After about ...

• an hour and a half things started to turn for the worse. My head was itching something terrible. It itched so much I had to scratch and scratch. This ruined my hair style and made the whole thing pointless. As I was scratching I started to notice white flakes and my hair was hard as a rock. I tried to take it loose and it was so stiff. This gel had become more of a problem than a help at this point. I started to notice my head turning red from all of the irritation.

I guess the alcohol smell should have been a hint. I finally got my hair washed out, but it didn’t end there. My head still felt irritated for 2 days after that. It was a horrible experience that I don’t want anyone to

have to go through. LA Looks mega hold gel will hold your hair. However, it is not very sensitive to the head. It is probably a good gel for people with super tough scalps. Anyone that has a sensitive scalp, stay way from this gel. It will literally bring you to your knees. Think about all of the scabs I got in my head from scratching and scratching. The gel may look cool and professional, but it is far from it. I just want everyone to know that this is the worse gel I’ve ever used sensitivity wise, and it was the best gel I’ve used hold wise. One thing for sure, I won’t be using it again. I gave the bottle to my sister and she had a little bit of itch and dryness, but not as bad as mine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110081228411131/k2311a0810/8.10.10